Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skype second interview

Default Skype second interview

Hi there, just found out that I have a second interview via Skype on Tuesday evening (first interview was on the telephone and I've since completed some psychometric testing and they sought references) - any tips? I've never had a second interview before, what do they cover in your experience?

I haven't any answer for you, but good luck!

Second interviews will generally have someone more senior and/or from HR sitting in on them.

From my experience they will cover much of what was said in the first interview but probably go into a little more detail.

They will also look more closely on whether you are the sort of person who will fit into their company and that they can work with (as they will only be inviting a select few back for second interview this is often the most important way of selecting between candidates).

I'm probably too late now, but the sensible thing is to ask them what they are looking for in a second interview. Sometimes it is simply to dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s, other times it could be asking questions from a completely different tack - It really depends on the company and the kind of job you're going for.

Best of luck with it and have confidence in your ability.

My wife is in recruitment and had about 5 job offers via skype, all very relaxed, who is it in Wellington?

Interesting - I thought I was sending you a PM but then read that I have to have 5 posts first... This is my 5th, so I'll drop you a line as I'm interested to hear more!

Good luck - and be aware of the time lag. Research the organisation you are being recruited for and find a way of dropping this in so they know you did this.

.. and remember - it doesn't matter what you wear on yuor bottom half - they can't see you! I considered flippers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tobiwan View Post
    Interesting - I thought I was sending you a PM but then read that I have to have 5 posts first... This is my 5th, so I'll drop you a line as I'm interested to hear more!
    i havent recieved any message yet

Default got it!

Just to let you know that I got the job had the second interview (skype) on Tuesday night and they called me that night to make an offer. We are SO happy. Just now getting my head around getting the visa application in ASAP, sorting medicals and the threatened postal strike is thwarting my master plan to have my police cert back before Christmas! Thanks for all the advice over the last few weeks. Will keep you posted on progress, better go: have LOTS of things to do

Yay CONGRATULATIONS !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast