Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITA documentation - originals needed?

Default ITA documentation - originals needed?

Hi,
    Can anyone who has received their ITA tell me if INZ require originals of our birth certificates?

My OH's birth certificate is a skraggly-looking photocopy. I'd like to start getting everything together now.

Many thanks, Des

oops! Ignore this thread.
    We found the original of OH's birth certificate!eyes:

ONLY police certificates, medicals and NZQA assessment is required in original, rest notarised copies.

on that note, i have had my quali's pre assessed. does that mean that if I get the ITA issued, I will need to do a full assessment? if so, what is the timescale at the mo?

don't know timescale I'm afraid as ours was fast-tracked and came back pretty quickly (weeks not months) but i think (and i may be wrong) that if you are claiming bonus points for your work/qualification then you do need a full NZQA assessment (we did). But your ITA will tell you (although then you only have 4 months to get it done)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by rizjunior View Post
    ONLY police certificates, medicals and NZQA assessment is required in original, rest notarised copies.
    Notarized copies - does that include passports?
    I've been wondering about sending our original passports to INZ.
    I'd rather hang on to my passport in case I need it.

When bonus points are claimed, full NZQA assessment is required. Fast track application takes atleast 3 weeks while ordinary over 4 months now a days. It is worth to fast track application as it costs NZ$150 extra, what this is compared to NZ$450 which you will have to pay in any case. Also even fast track can take longer, what happens that quali assessor contacts academic institution to ask them to verify the certificate/degree submitted to NZQA. If the relevant institution do not have dat aprotection stuff, it goes smoothly, sometime they ask to get authorisation of the degree holder to release information and some time they have fees to pay for verification. In any case quali assessor will come back to you asking to assist him/her in obtaining verification. This may be asking you to pay the required fee direct to the institution and provide him/her copy of that receipt. So it comes to academic instituition how long they take. In my case my academic institution took 5 days as they had kind of holidays that time.

des&damon: Yes notarised photocopy of passport is fine with ITA. No point submitting passport before they approve PR. I was asked to submit notarised copy of passport.

Here is copy of what I was asked: I delete some portion to keep the id safe.

INVITATION TO APPLY FOR RESIDENCE

Congratulations. I am very pleased to inform you that the Immigration New Zealand (INZ) has considered your Expression of Interest in migrating to New Zealand and would like to invite you to apply for residence. Based on the points you have claimed in your Expression of Interest we would like to invite you to apply for residence subject to you providing:

a New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) Qualifications Assessment Report stating that your qualification is comparable to a level 7 (xxxxx of Information Technology from University of the xxxxx)

Please note that without an NZQA Qualifications Assessment Report (QAR) stating comparability to a New Zealand Qualification in level 7, you will not be awarded bonus which would mean your application would not meet the selection criteria. If you submit an application without an NZQA report stating comparability to the level listed above, your application will not be processed and will be returned to you.

NZQA assesses each qualification when an application is made. There is no guarantee that NZQA will find an overseas qualification comparable to the level of a New Zealand qualification. More information about NZQA assessments can be found on their website at www.nzqa.govt.nz. Given the time it can take to assess your qualifications we strongly recommend you apply as soon as possible.

You are authorised to make an application for a residence visa and your application may include the following people you included in your Expression of Interest;

xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx DOB: xx/xx/xxxx

No case officer has yet been assigned to manage your residence application should you choose to apply.* However you may contact us at nzisbangkok@dol.govt.nz *or by telephone at (662) 654 3444.* You may also wish to check our website at www.immigration.govt.nz to obtain further information to help you with your application or with any queries you may have about settling in New Zealand.

DELETED SOME PARAGRAPHS

Your invitation to apply for residence does not remain open indefinitely. For your application for residence to be accepted it must be received, (together with all of the specified accompanying documents), within four months from the date of this letter, which is xx xxxxxxx xxxx. If we do not receive your residence application within this requested timeframe, your ITA will be lapsed and your residence application cannot be accepted.

Documents Required
    You must supply the following in order for your application to be accepted for lodgement:

Payment for an application fee of CNY 10,620 or US$1,390 which must be paid by way of a bank draft from a bank outside China made payable to the New Zealand Immigration Service. Please note that if you wish to make payment by bank draft in US dollar, a US$10 bank fee is applicable. If you wish your original to be returned to you after, please add US$ 25 in the bank draft.
    Certified copies of your passport. Please do not submit the original at this stage.
    Certified copies or originals AND photocopies of your full birth certificate.
    Original Police Certificates from country of your citizenship Pakistan and every of those countries, that you have ever resided in for more than 12 months in the last 10 years. These certificates should not be more than 6 months old at the time that you submit your application. The enclosed link titled ‘How to Obtain a Police Certificate’ will advise you how to go about this process.
    A completed ‘Medical and X-ray Certificate’ for you. These certificates should not be more than 3 months old at the time that you submit your application.
    Certified copies or originals AND photocopies of evidence to prove that you meet the English Language requirements
    You must also supply the following evidence to support the points you have claimed in your application:

Your original full NZQA assessment. Please note that the full NZQA report is required before final approval of the visa.* If the full NZQA report is not yet available at the time of lodgement, then you need to submit evidence from NZQA that the full assessment is underway.
    Certified copies or originals AND photocopies of your xxxxxxx and xxxxxx degree certificate and academic transcripts.*
    Certified copies or originals AND photocopies of work references including job responsibilities. Evidence of your work experience as outlined in Section G of the enclosed Application for Residence Guide (Certified copies of your payslips, tax records and Social Security records (if applicable) would also facilitate your application procedure)
    Written explanation of the reasons for not including xxxxxxxxxx in the application.
    Certified copies or originals AND photocopies of evidence to prove that your work experience is relevant to your qualification
    Certified copies or originals AND photocopies of evidence of how your qualification and work experience meets the criteria for the Absolute Skills Shortage as indicated in the Current Points Allocation section below

Please refer to the ‘Guide to Applying for Residence under the Skilled Migrant Category’ which details the type of information which is acceptable evidence.

Current Points Allocation
    Based on our initial assessment of the details you meet the requirements as you had 15 points for work experience in an area of absolute skill shortage and with a points total between 100 and 135 points.*As such, it was decided to issue the Invitation to Apply for residence on the basis that you meet the criteria current at the time of selection and that full verification of your details will be conducted at the application assessment stage.

Your points entitlement are as follows:
    00 for age
    00 for qualifications
    00 for qualification in an Area of Absolute Skills Shortages – Subject to NZQA level 7
    00 for work experience
    00 for work experience in an Area of Absolute Skills Shortages – Subject to NZQA level 7

This is a total of 000 points which meets the criteria current at the time your EOI was selected on 00 xxxxx 0000.

Next Steps
    If you are unable to obtain the documents listed above within the four month timeframe given (or any earlier date if you and/or a dependant child are affected by an age change), please contact our office as soon as possible. If, for some reason you decide not to proceed with an application I would also be grateful if you could also let us know.

The accompanying guide sets out the path to residence in New Zealand. Please read the guide fully so that you are aware of the restrictions and requirements of any permit you and your family may be granted. Requirements could include your taking up and/or remaining in specified employment for a certain period of time after your arrival in New Zealand.

If you decide to proceed with an application for residence, you should also be aware that part of the assessment may involve a personal interview with you and your family by an INZ officer.

Information about the requirements discussed above, interviews and other relevant matters are discussed further in the enclosed guide.

Settling in New Zealand
    Moving to a new country brings with it both challenges and opportunities. If you do migrate to New Zealand many aspects of life in your new home will be different from those you are accustomed to. I hope that most of these differences will appeal as novelties that come with starting life again in a new society. However, some will also inevitably be more difficult to come to terms with.

I have therefore enclosed a link of ‘New Zealand The Facts’ and ‘Living in New Zealand’ both of which are designed to help you meet these challenges as well as realise the opportunities New Zealand offers. ‘Living in New Zealand’ comprises nine booklets which deal with the key issues of interest to potential migrants.

These booklets may be read in any sequence and are designed for easy reference. Their purpose is to help you build a better picture of the challenges and opportunities New Zealand offers. I would also recommend that you use our website to find out more information about life in New Zealand and to establish useful contacts. Through our website we are able to keep information more up to date and you may find that ‘Living in New Zealand’ on the website contains new information which may be of interest to you.

Congratulations again on being selected to apply for residence in New Zealand. I look forward to receiving your application.

Kind Regards,

Wow!
    thanks Rizjunior. You are a wealth of information. It's really helpful to get an idea of what's ahead.

just a note to make sure that you have the FULL birth certificate, you can check this out by doign a quick search, I think the full one has more details on it and you can get copies relatively easily

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast