Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Business after PR

Default Business after PR

Just a quick question, if PR is granted (not WTR visa) can someone start a business rather than doing job?

If someone is given PR without Section 18a (a condition attaching it to a particular employment), then they can do whatever they want.

Condition 18a, does it apply to those cases where there is job offer? I do not have a job offer, will I have condition in my PR.

I think...If u are entitled as SMC PR then I think you have to to job to contribute NZ as a skilled worker. PR give you some time to search for job there.Not much idea as I have job there waiting for me.

Just wondering if this would also be applicable if I were interested in starting postgraduate work at a university shortly after I got to New Zealand…or, since I'm the principal applicant, would I have to first work for a period of time before going back to school?

Anyone here with PR without condition 18a?

Quote Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnGirl View Post
    Just wondering if this would also be applicable if I were interested in starting postgraduate work at a university shortly after I got to New Zealand…or, since I'm the principal applicant, would I have to first work for a period of time before going back to school?
    It would depend on whether or not they give you a Section 18a.

I don't know what the proportion would be, but quite a few people round here were granted PR without.

Section 18a is given to those with a job offer, the leash for getting in quick. I have PR without job and as far as I can tell I can do just about anything once we take up residency. Not sure how it effects the permanent RRV however, as that says you will only be issued with it showing proof of living (paying tax) for 186 (ish?) days in each year.

Lightbulb

We just got our PR without any job offer. The 18a condition does not seem to apply to our visas.

This means we can open a business as soon as we arrive in NZ.

Hi, We asked this same question to our case officer (London branch) at the interview last week and she said we were not allowed to sart a bussiness if we were granted PR with no job offer. We would need to have been there for about 2 years.
    I hope this helps.
    regards Di

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast