Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this the cheapest way to Christchurch?

John

We had no problem booking 8 internal flights through ANZ.co.nz last year for January just gone, you get an e-ticket etc.

In some airports, like Christchurch their are some very nifty self check-in machines that don't even need a ticket to scan, they will work off a credit card and backtrack to your address....Like the fully uniformed ANZ customer service guy that demoed it to us said 'It's bloody great'

Hi John,

Regrading buying online tickets from AIR NZwebsite (NZ), it is not a problem. I have e-mailed the Air NZ Helpdesk and they replied that foreigners can book through their website. The only catch is that the internal flights is not connected to the international flights, i.e if there is a delay in the international flights, they will not compensate you with another flight on the domestic route. Even when you are booking on-line on the Air NZ website before giving your credit card number, there is a field that asking for your country of residence. That itself give the indication that they expect people from overseas to book through the AIR NZ website.

Hope that helps.

Vincent

Anyone looking to book flights within NZ don't forget to look at Qantas in the NZ region too. They have some good deals.

Quote Originally Posted by voth30
    Hi John,

Regrading buying online tickets from AIR NZwebsite (NZ), it is not a problem. I have e-mailed the Air NZ Helpdesk and they replied that foreigners can book through their website. The only catch is that the internal flights is not connected to the international flights, i.e if there is a delay in the international flights, they will not compensate you with another flight on the domestic route. Even when you are booking on-line on the Air NZ website before giving your credit card number, there is a field that asking for your country of residence. That itself give the indication that they expect people from overseas to book through the AIR NZ website.

Hope that helps.
    That'a brill, Vincent, thanks
    John

Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by veronica
    Anyone looking to book flights within NZ don't forget to look at Qantas in the NZ region too. They have some good deals.
    Thanks for the tip and other support, Veronica
    John

John,

Don't forget to look at the other 2 domestic airlines too:
    Origin Pacific and Virgin Blue I don't know the websites, but am sure you'll be able to find them.
    I flew with Origin last year, very cheap, lots of different (on-line) fare possibilities. Again, no problem for non NZ residents to book on-line.

Babette

Quote Originally Posted by Babette & Andy
    John,

Don't forget to look at the other 2 domestic airlines too:
    Origin Pacific and Virgin Blue I don't know the websites, but am sure you'll be able to find them.
    I flew with Origin last year, very cheap, lots of different (on-line) fare possibilities. Again, no problem for non NZ residents to book on-line.

Babette
    Thanks Babette. I have seen the website for these two, but hadn't considered them. I konw Virgin Blue was cheap for Perth -> Sydney when I looked last year.
    It's also very good to know that I can use the NZ sites as a UK citizen - thanks for that.
    Oh well, more research I guess
    John.

No worries John Shame you guys don't live 'Up North', would be so nice to meet at the next NW gathering on 2nd April. Or would you be interested in making a bit of journey?
    Babette

Default Re: Is this the cheapest way to Christchurch?

Quote Originally Posted by debnjohn
    Hello all,
    I want to go on a job-search trip to NZ mid-April. Ideally I'd like to fly into Christchurch, get one way car hire and visit a few places on my way north, finally flying out of Auckland.
    However, I can't seem to do this on the online flight search engines.

Cheapest I've found is either £580 return Lon-AKL (24 hour flight - no stopovers!) or £605 return Lon-CHC.
    So, I thought perhaps I could get an internal flight from Auckland to Christchurch when I first arrive. Air New Zealand (UK site) quotes £63 (one way) yet Air New Zealand (NZ site) is only $79 ??? Does anyone know if it is OK for me to use the Air New Zealand NZ site whilst I'm in the UK?
    Finally, is one-way car hire gonna be cheap? Anyone know what the Picton-Wellington ferry price is for a car?
    Cheers,
    John.
    Hi,
    We have booked to fly Manchester to Auckland and then Christchurch to Manchester in August. You can do it on Singapore airlines website.
    http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/app/...entSite=global
    You use the multi city option.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Jonathan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12