Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Job Interview! (By phone)

Default Startling times!

Just last week the same thing happened to me. I was expecting a 10 minute tel interview, and found myself in a full interview with 6 interviewers, which lasted 1.5 hrs! They too have asked for references and I have a video conference interview coming up.

What is so strange, is 12 months ago agencies did not want to talk to me or put me forward to their clients. Now it feels like everyone wants us - makes a change :P

I'm also in IT, and all my friends and family have no idea what I do for a living either.

We are moving to Wellington, what area are you guys looking to make home? (doesn't that just sound the best!)

Good luck with the next stage.

Cheers,

Rob & Jennie

Hi Hannah,
    Excellent news - have you heard anything yet? (sorry if you have put that elsewhere, I'm on pay as you go internet so i browse selectively!!!!)
    Hannah

Thanks Jennie and other Hannah, have not heard anything besides that they were pleased with the references reactions and that there's one other (inside) candidate, but this one isn't as qualified, so please keep your :hopeso!
    It's the long (very long) Easter weekend there too now, so we're eagerly awaiting tuesday.
    Oh and we're planning on Christchurch now :P

Hoi Hannah - Vrolijk Pasen!
    Hope you're able to enjoy Easter, think of it as a last springtime surrounded by beautifull bulb fields (next to your windmill ofcourse :mrgreen: ) Keeping :hopeso for you guys.
    Let us know what happens. My hubby is in IT too (Project Mgr), and Christchurch is our 1st choice too. So we may get to meet once we're all out there
    Take it easy.
    Babette

Still no news, do I sound a little bit impatient?

We used the Easter weekend to get more stuff cleaned out of the kids rooms and some last finishing touches on the house. Like the bathroom ceiling, a bit fell down after hubby added some nice white color to it :eek So at last he will be busy with redoing maybe the whole darn ceiling now! We have a estate agent coming over on thursday to give us a free estimate on the house. Saw an ad in the paper, so thought lets go for it. :angel

Hoi Hannah!
    Just to let you know that Michel (hubby) is now working with the employer he had a phone interview with. After the interview they asked him when he would arrive in New Zealand, to be able to meet in person. The day after arrival he had an appointment with them, and 2 weeks later he signed the contract!!

So it is possible!! Good luck

Lesly

Thanks Lesly just got an email from the recruitment agency thats our middle-person, they too are awaiting the employer's next move.
    I really hope it can be done and if not we will move on as planned, going for the EOI after we finally get that NZQA quals assessment back! :

How many times a day am I allowed to vent in here, or should I get a room?

Still no news

Well the weekend is near, already started in NZ and it's also the first of april,
    so that means if they would consider hubby for that job, it would take another month.
    He negotiated with HR here already about the notice time,
    and now the possible NZ employer hasnt come back since ... that interview...
    Maybe they went on an extended Easter holiday?
    Or is this an example of being "laid back"? We dont know , and are having a hard time being this patient...

Oh Hannah - time sure seems to drag when you're waiting for important news Hope it's just an innocent delay, and that you hear a positive reply from NZ some time next week.

Hang in there, keep the faith and try to enjoy the first signs of spring.

Have a nice weekend.
    Babette

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast