Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Job Interview! (By phone)

Thanks for the encouragement Babette. I really don't want to whine too much, but I needed to vent. I'll try to concentrate on the pretty flowers in my garden, which I will leave behind, but hopefully soon can start to grow some more in a NZ garden some time laters this year

Seeking your advise:
    Is it a normal procedure to let people wait this long? (3 weeks)

We have this application running through a recruitment agency..
    So we cant contact the employer in person about this.
    Do we just need to practise more patience?

Hi Hannah
    Rob was offered the job he had his telephone interview with after they decided a video conference was too much hassle.
    It then took another 7 days to get the job offer by international registered post/courier and he then had to sign it all and return it. This was all started through an agency so it took a little while too.
    Hang in there - there should be some news soon. (The Easter break was agonising for us too!)
    Jennie

Thanks Jennie! Well it seems they must have heard me, this morning we found an email from the recruitment agency that the employer asked them to set up a paper and pencil test. Would be some sort of exam I think? Does anyone have any experience with those?
    Let's hope they contact us soon... :cool

Hang in there Hannah & hubby!! Sending some positive vibes your way and hope things will speed up a bit for you guys now.

You're patience is definately tested to the maximum with this migration process, but it will be so worth it in the end

Hope you're having a nice weekend.

Babette

Well the paper and pencil test was today, the hubby is not really optimistic about it, but then again he was not about the phone interview either and that turned out good... I'm having cramps now about all this, all the waiting on other stuff I can do pretty well, but with this it's really hard...
    Still no news from NZQA either and they received our papers beginning of march...I really need a few kilo's of patience :?

Hang in there Hannah, we too moved from holland, and i have to say people are much more layed back here. My husband is dutch, loves it here, but finds it sooo different from holland.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Moira

Thanks Moira...

Just sittings here with a very pessimistic hubby who thinks he blew the test.
    I really hope the result will come quickly, and we can get past this point either in a negative or hopefully in a positive way.
    I already told him if he did well and passed I would kick him in the butt, cause his mood has almost been unbearable since wednesday!
    He's normally a very even tempered guy, I hate to see him like this
    Don't tell him I posted that about the kick here please

Hannah

Men - they're all the same - just like over grown boys really. I'm sure everything will be fine - let us know when you hear and keep smiling!

Margaret

Still hanging, I'm starting to feel like Tarzan on a cold day...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast