Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-Tickets....Help Please?

Question E-Tickets....Help Please?

Ok, so I'm a complete online ticket booking virgin......so to speak!

We booked our tickets online a couple of weeks ago and payment has been taken. We've printed off the e-tickets and associated gumf!

Obviously we need to take them with us to the airport [along with passports etc.etc.] but is there anything else we need to do/take? I'm assuming that tickets aren't sent out to us and that we need to pick them up on arrival? Is there anywhere in particular that we have to go?

The info that came with the e-ticket is very scant, doesn't explain much at all. Just paranoid that we'll get to the airport and not be able to fly or something stupid! Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanx

Sue n Kev
    xx

All I did was to print off the itinery, receipt and booking information. I had to produce these at the check in desk along with our passports obviously and the nice lady at the desk handed over our boarding passes. Simple!
    I probably didn't even need to print off so much, but was a tad nervous (my first e-tickets too!) so erred on the side of caution!
    Good luck!

Clairelouise

Typically with an E-ticket you go to a kiosk at the airport and enter in one of the numbers on your E-ticket. You have a choice of which to enter in case you don't have them all.
    Usually your booking number, confirmation number or something else.
    You confirm check in and it prints your boarding pass which is all you need to get past security (plus ID/passport) and onto the plane.
    Alternatively you can take your E-ticket papers up to a desk and they will print your boarding pass stuff and check you in (which is what you do at the kiosk). This is a good option if you need to pay for extra luggage/weight or fuss with anything that may need a person.
    HTH

Which airline are you travelling with? If its Air NZ then you take your tickets that you printed off along with the credit card that you paid for them with (just in case they ask to see it) and you just do what you would normally do, head for the flight desk and book in.

If its Singapore Air then you can book in on line upto (i think its 48 hours before) so that when you get to the airport (again take your credit card that you booked with) you look for the on line booking desk at the Singapore Air desks and you get wizzed through a lot faster than queuing.

Hope this helps.......good luck and safe journey.

Thanx all, that's really reassuring! It's weird but as everything seems to have gone fairly smoothly so far, I'm kinda getting paranoid that somethings gotta go wrong!

Talk about putting obstacles in the way!!!!!?????

Sue n Kev
    xx
    Last edited by SNK05; 27th December 2008 at 09:25 AM.

Yep, concur with all that's been said; take your online itinerary to the airline check in, check your bags and get your boarding passes.
    Have to share though when I read the topic title I instantly thought of Disneyland E-tickets, but since they haven't had those for 30 years, I'm really just showing my age
    Good luck with everything, I'm happy for you! Just remember to breathe and you'll make it through

Some airlines have a little kiosk close to the main check in desks with a bar code reader. If your e-tickets have bar codes printed on them, you just hold that up to the reader and press a few buttons on the screen and then it prints out your boarding pass. Easy as...

However, you then go to the 'quick drop bag check in' which often has longer queues than the main 'check in' desks so self check in can often lose its advantage of being quick when you then have to queue for half hour to drop your bags off!!

Lots of airlines are using etickets now. Some even call themselfs ticketless as all you need is the reference number on the confirmation email. Its a straight forward process, just saves a tree or two by not printing tickets (and probably a quid or two for the airline).

It's pretty much impossible to get "old style" tickets now, the majority of airlines won't issue anything but e-tickets.

You MUST have the credit card you paid for the tickets with, on you when you check in. I've found that whenever I've flown internationally, I've had to check in at the counter, and checking in at a kiosk was not allowed. There has been one exception to this, but I had to provide a bunch of information online before, e.g. US drivers licence number and expiry date, which I then scanned at a kiosk.

Pretty much, just take everything they send you via e-mail, passports and credit card, and you should be fine.

Oh hell....catt and M-Squared, I haven't got the card anymore! It was a debit card and I've transferred the funds from that account to our UK/NZ transit account and closed it. I chopped up the card the other day

I'll have to call/email Air NZ.

Sue
    xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast