Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone bought "The NZ Immigration & Relocation

Default Has anyone bought "The NZ Immigration & Relocation

Has anyone read and willing to offer a review of these reports from a company called Nukiwi? I keep seeing this thing come up when I do NZ related searches and I'm wondering if they have any merit.

The ad looks tempting (don't they all!?) and seems to offer pertinent info for people like us who are considering NZ immigration but they want $50 US for the three reports. I'm a caveat emptor kind of guy so I've held off until now but I'm getting sick of running into it and not knowing if it's any good or not.

My guess is that it's a compilation of readily available info selling for an inflated price (they don't mention how many pages) but I might just be being overly cynical

I'd post the link but I'm not sure if that would conflict with the new non-promotion rule that Doug has asked us to comply with. In any event, there's enough info in this post that a quick google search will turn it up quickly if you want to see what I'm talking about.

I'd thought about buying the Nukiwi guide, but decided to give it a miss. I think that much of the information offered would be new and valuable to someone who didn't read the ENZ boards! We have a wonderful resource here with people "on the ground" who generously share what they've learned with those prepping to make the move. I say save your $50 and use it to shout those folks a pint or two.

hello guys,

i thought they were selling the nukiwi relocation thingy for 299 USD. My husband and i were going to get it as a last resort, but since y'all don't think it's a good idea, well, ok.

actually i learn a lot from this forum, and it's for free

i hope those who are able to relocate to NZ finally won't leave the forum yet, as we who are still left behind would want to know more about the actual move and settling down.

thanks and good luck to all

annie

Default NuKiwi

Hi All :cool

I can personally vouch for the NuKiwi publications. They are very helpful and give some great insight to moving here.

Not sure what the price is, perhaps about US$30? It's worth it and you'll also make a new friend with them even before you get here. They are good people.

I bought it, and it is quite comprehensive, but to be honest I felt it had quite a US slant, and that if you are a regular on these boards and are checking out other books and websites you have all the information already.

I have read the report through a friend of mine who purchased it and I think it is a waste of money - very amateurish and maybe a bit out of date (in my opinion as a Kiwi).

It is definitely written with a US slant to it, so no good for the English.

Couldn't comment on their other services, of course...

We bought it early in the process, found it interesting reading and well put together.

Thought it was worth the money at the time, a good "grounder".

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahine
    It is definitely written with a US slant to it, so no good for the English.
    That's one thing I found very appealing about the report. So much of the info on the web (and here) is slanted towards UK emigrants. Understandable, since there are many more of you than of us, but we Yanks do appreciate someone trying to help us!

Originally from Malaysia, in Wellington since May 2005

I bought it. Found it to be very American. Not very useful from an Asian point of view. Also, most of the stuff in that report is easily available here and elsewhere if only you spent sometime searching.

Worth a read though if you are not into searches.

We had considered buying the report many months ago, but decided against it because we assumed that it had probably not been recently updated with information on new NZIS policy, and possibly other things as well. Sounds like that may be true given Wahine's post that the report was a bit out of date, but I am interested in hearing otherwise from anyone who has purchased the report recently. Also, what kind of information is in the report?

Thanks.

Melissa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast