Thread: Recommended real estate agents for renting property near Chch

Default Recommended real estate agents for renting property near Chch

Hello

Please can you recommend any real estate agents for renting a family sized property within a 30 to 45 minute commute (by car) of Chch.

With regards location, we've got Oxford penciled in and hope to have maybe a couple more other areas to look at by the time we arrive in early March.

Must admit, we've just searched on www.realestate.co.nz and www.harcourts.co.nz and there doesn't appear to be much available with regards 3 or 4 bedroom family sized properties both in or around the Oxford area... or I'm I just clicking the wrong buttons

Thanks

Have you tried hunting through Trade Me (on trademe.co.nz) in the "to let" sections? Some of the properties will be let through agents and some direct, but you can often get the addresses and then look them up on Google maps new cool widget - walk around the area you're considering renting in.

Edit - there's currently three 3 and 4 bedroom properites in Oxford to rent

P
    Last edited by Parsley; 6th January 2009 at 09:30 AM.

Just a word of warning ... we had lots of issues with Harcourts in Rangiora. Filthy rental, no responses from them, and when we moved out (continuing to pay rent, as we had signed a fixed term agreement), they re-let it without informing us that new tenants had moved in!!

Yep, found them Parsley...thanks

It seems the more we look at Google maps, the 'Tram Road' gets more and more longer

Oh well, more researching of towns and villages to be done I guess!!!

Thanks again all for the advice and information

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Must admit, we've just searched on www.realestate.co.nz and www.harcourts.co.nz and there doesn't appear to be much available with regards 3 or 4 bedroom family sized properties both in or around the Oxford area... or I'm I just clicking the wrong buttons

Thanks
    We have a lovely, almost new 4 bedroom house for sale in Oxford - one careful owner

Nicky... PM on it's way to you.

We had probs with Harcourts ( Papanui Rd ) too. Very unhelpful and made things a lot more stressful than they had to be - I hope we never have to deal with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-and-Lou View Post
    Just a word of warning ... we had lots of issues with Harcourts in Rangiora. Filthy rental, no responses from them, and when we moved out (continuing to pay rent, as we had signed a fixed term agreement), they re-let it without informing us that new tenants had moved in!!

I used www.Homeads.co.nz
    It's a service for private landlords. I did find that some of the ads were up after the places had been rented though...

A few other places we went (but most of them didn't have properties that allowed dogs) were;
    Warwick and Todd
    Braziers (braziers.co.nz)
    Professionals (they were a bit rude to us but might be worth looking at)
    and Harcourts (who were very helpful, but we didn't end up using them).

We used Trade me to find ours and sign up tomorrow for fixed 6 month term whilst we build. The landlord used these folks http://www.completepm.co.nz/index.php and so far happy with their service.

Quite a lot of the Trade me ones for Rangiora are being advertised for Harcourts

Becky & Ben... great links and many thanks, it's much appreciated