Thread: Single entry visas?

Default Single entry visas?

Hi, I have become concerned reading about 'single entry' visas recently. I am going to be applying for a work permit via the family stream route (NZ partner) and hoping for a 12 month permit (relationship less than 12 months at this stage). Does this allow 'multiple entry' or what? I am already in NZ, but during the next 12 months I am going to Australia for a week in March just for a holiday, and I also plan to return to the UK for a few weeks, again for a holiday - am I ok to do this on the visa applied for???

Would seem a bit strange if a single entry visa denied me from even taking a brief holiday outside NZ??

Work visas are always multiple entry, you don't need to worry. Only some tourist/visitor visas have single entry restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by rizjunior View Post
    Work visas are always multiple entry, you don't need to worry. Only some tourist/visitor visas have single entry restriction.
    Ah good, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by rizjunior View Post
    I guess that question H1 doesn't need to be filled in then?

H1 Tick one of the boxes below to show the type of visa or permit you are applying for and provide the details required. Applying for a work visa. Provide details. Go to H2
    Date you will arrive in New Zealand
    Date you will finally depart New Zealand
    Do you want a single journey work visa or a multiple journey work visa?
    They give you the option of selecting a single journey work visa or a multiple journey work visa. So, it would appear that you can indeed get a single entry work visa.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    I guess that question H1 doesn't need to be filled in then?

They give you the option of selecting a single journey work visa or a multiple journey work visa. So, it would appear that you can indeed get a single entry work visa.

Ian
    Ah, I will need to have a re-read of that form.

So if I chose single entry then I literally couldn't go to Australia and back?