Thread: Nursing qualifications

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nursing qualifications

Hi I have had an out of the blue job offer and I am going for it !!! My problem being is that I am a registered nurse and I cannot find any of my qualification documents other than my pin card - I can list all of my educational institutions and contact details. When I qualified our nursing body was the UKCC and now its changed to the NMC who will not re-issue the statement of entry as they say the only way an employer should check your registration is through their live register - I have contacted the nursing body in new zealand, do you think this will be a problem aarrrggghhh !!

I don't have an answer for you, but I expect others will be along who can help. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome from me too
    Can't help but someone will be along soon

Welcome to the forum.
    I don't know why they won't reissue the statement of entry. I lost mine a couple of years ago (summer 2007) and they replaced it without a murmur. I can't remember if they charged me for it. They will have to replace it as most, if not all, new employers need to have a copy in your records - particularly agencies, even though they do have to use the employer confirmation service as well!. Maybe try contacting them again?

They will have to send verification anyway, my guess is that whoever you contacted doesn't deal with international matters and doesn't fully understand - assuming you told them why you needed it. If you haven't seen it already you will need this page

amongst the pack for the nz register application, is a verification(sheet 5) request for the NMC (for which they will relieve you of £34.00), and a transcript request (6) for the school of nursing where you trained (if Southbank Uni be prepared for a long wait - 3 months and counting !!- really must give them another call)
    hope this is helpful

Thank you, thats great, I phoned the NMC instead of emailing and they said they would send it straight out, and no cost either !!!! Thank you

I'm glad you got through to someone sensible this time