Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teachers Council Registration

Well, latest update is that I missed the cutoff for the Feb meeting - sicne there are so many people applying at the moment.
    This means at best I'll get my teacher registration 14 days before my ITA expires.
    So basically, I need t resubmit my EOI and start all over again.
    By which time my police check will have expired etcetc

Fun this isn't it!

I don't think you need your TC reg for your visa application. Don't let everything expire - put that you applied for reg in your covering letter. Get it in the post asap.

Unfortunately thats not right. Since my current job is a teacher, they require NZTC reg to process the visa - there is a big yellow covering note saying this, plus I virtually begged the immigration people to let me off - but they said no.
    Very irritating, since I'm not claiming *any* bonus points for being on the long term shortage list as a science secondary teacher.
    Ho hum!

Quote Originally Posted by moonglum View Post
    Unfortunately thats not right. Since my current job is a teacher, they require NZTC reg to process the visa - there is a big yellow covering note saying this, plus I virtually begged the immigration people to let me off - but they said no.
    Very irritating, since I'm not claiming *any* bonus points for being on the long term shortage list as a science secondary teacher.
    Ho hum!

Apologies for mis-information. They must have changed it all in the past year or so without telling me. hope it all goes well anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12