Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does it take to get your Motorcycle License in NZ?

Default What does it take to get your Motorcycle License in NZ?

I am a avid rider I ride just about everyday there is not ice on the ground, and some days there is. I had thought about bringing my Motorcycle with me. Has anyone did this? I am also currious about getting my motorcycle license in new zealand, anyone did this? I was always wondering if they ride fully geared there, leathers and helmet? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WANZLittles View Post
    I am a avid rider I ride just about everyday there is not ice on the ground, and some days there is. I had thought about bringing my Motorcycle with me. Has anyone did this? I am also currious about getting my motorcycle license in new zealand, anyone did this? I was always wondering if they ride fully geared there, leathers and helmet? thanks
    You may want to start at New Residents and Visitors: Driving in New Zealand factsheet

It is compulsory to wear a helmet, loads of people ride without leathers though, even if it is a stupid idea IMO.

Ian

Agree on the people without leathers, mad if you ask me - but not as hot I guess.
    Got my licence updated at the same time as my car. UK licence to NZ was simply filling in forms, eye test and ID. - just take your current licence and tick the right boxes. Don't know if USA licences are any fifferent as you drive on the other side of the road?

Great Info, I always ride fully geared, ATGATT, all the gear all the time. great to hear there are people of the same mind set, I always say sweat is easier to wipe off than blood.

Quote Originally Posted by WANZLittles View Post
    Great Info, I always ride fully geared, ATGATT, all the gear all the time. great to hear there are people of the same mind set, I always say sweat is easier to wipe off than blood.

A quick question for any motorcyclists that have come over from the UK:

Do you feel that motorcycling is more / the same / less popular in NZ than in the UK?

Cheers,
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by PeKaJoSa View Post
    A quick question for any motorcyclists that have come over from the UK:

Do you feel that motorcycling is more / the same / less popular in NZ than in the UK?

Cheers,
    Pete.
    I meet more motorcyclists at random than I did in the UK, although the majority are dirt-bikers - AFAIK per capita there are more motorcycles in NZ, though not as many road bikes

I am a cyclist, not a motorcyclist, but when I was out yesterday on my road bike (Nelson to Pelorus Bridge and back) there were a *tonne* of motorbikes riding - I probably saw 100+ in 4 hours, even with a good amount of rain occurring. It may have been a club ride (most were heading east from Nelson) but it still showed that there are lots of riders around.

I knew several riders in the US who said NZ was the best place they ever rode.

that is great to hear... I will have to do some web snooping and find some forums on these clubs. Personally I have a sport bike, that I ride like a sport touring Bike.

We're bringing a Yamaha Thunderace with us.
    Last time we were in NZ we hired a bike and used it in Northland

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast