Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shipping Costs

Default Shipping Costs

Wonder if anybody can help me on this one. Just had a chap around this morning from White & Co to list all the stuff we're sending to NZ. Although he couldn't give an accurate quote until he got back to his office and did all the paperwork, he said he was pretty sure that a 20ft container would cost in the region of 3,400 pounds plus the marine insurance of 3% of the total value of goods shipped.

I was talking to Blue last night, her quote (from a different company) for a 20ft container was considerably less than this.

What do you think folks - is this abit steep or is it the norm. I was thinking in the region of 3000 all up. I was also quoted an arrival time of about 5 - 6 weeks (non-groupage), and the company needs 3 weeks notice.

Diny

Hi Diny

We got a quote from Whites of 2500 and 2900 from Crown which we got down to 2675, you can haggle with them and don't forget to try to get the insurance down as well. We got the insurance with al the extras for 3% it started at 4.2%. Our stuff is on its way and I was very impressed with the service from Crown over the 2 days it took to pack, will let you know what its like when it arrives.

Michelle

Thanks Michelle - looks like my quote is abit high. Will definately get a couple more.

Have you had a 20ft container? If so, I wonder why the quotes are so different.

Congrats on your good news.

Diny

Hi

Yes had a 20 ft container sole usage

Michelle

we are going to use G B Liners [anyone heard of them]for a 20ft sole container they have quoted £2900 plus marine insurance of 2.75%.
    Has anyone had any dealings with them?

Blimey! The prices have doubled in the time we have been here!
    We used Trans Euro......not sure if they are still around.
    They were fantastic...no breakages at all. Except for my son's bicycle seat.

We brought a whole container (just for our stuff) and a half container (for the car) .
    I'm certain it was 1500 all up. That's inflation for you eh!

We brought every last thing we could!!!
    So glad we did too!
    I was even stuffing maternity clothes into the last gap in the container.....hubby laughed at me.....but I used 'em 3 years later!
    :mrgreen:

Carol

Oh Lord ... I could just imagine PB's face if I started packing maternity clothes !!!!!! :eek

Have had 2 quotes so far and got Crown coming tomorrow to give us a third.

Still much cheaper than selling it all and then buying in NZ.

Diny

Hi,

If it helps anyone,we are using Allide Pickfords,and is £4,000 for sole use 40ft.

I've heard that it pays to negotiate with these companies. Am watching with interest as we'll be doing this late next year or early 2006!! Let us know what Crown have to say Diny.

Oh Lord ... I could just imagine PB's face if I started packing maternity clothes !!!!!!

Debs

Deb

Have had Crown here this afternoon. Obviously got to wait for a written quote but he said it would bein the region of 3500 for a 20ft sole use container. Will definately play each company off against the other until they come down abit. When you consider you have to pay an added 3% of contents value onto the price for insurance, you're talking alot of money!

Will let you know as soon as the quote comes.

Diny

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast