Thread: Secondary School certificates!!!!!! for NZQA

Default Secondary School certificates!!!!!! for NZQA

Does anybody know whether we have to submit Secondary school original certificates for NZQA full assessment?

Thanks a lot in advance for suggestions.

I don't know for sure but I wouldn't have thought so. I would think they are looking at your higher qualifications. Best to check with them though.

I had the same concern when i had my NZQA full assessment as i didnt have my original GCSE certs, only the paper printouts.

You can get copies from the exam bodies but can be quite expensive if you passed a few exams, as the copies are priced per certificate.

I contacted my old school and asked them for a letter on headed paper stating the dates i studied there, the exams i passed, and the results.
    NZQA accepted this fine.

I think its just to show that you've had a formal education which you would have needed to gain quals at college/uni

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot for suggestions. But where is the place to include these documents (original certificate and transcript) of secondary education while filling online application of NZQA full assessment on step 6 for documents to be submitted? Does it fall under Vocational or Identity category????

Your help will be really appreciated.

I might suggest you call them. I remember getting all of our transcripts in anticipation of the full assessment ($$$) then finding out that NZQA does it themselves and doesn't want you to contact the institutions at all. Things may have changed as this was 2 years ago hence my advice to call NZQA.

I sent my GCSE certificate (had already had to get a certified copy years ago!) because I figured it proved that my education was in English. I don't know whether it would have been a problem if I hadn't sent it I just went down the road of throw everything at them!

Quote Originally Posted by napiers View Post
    I sent my GCSE certificate (had already had to get a certified copy years ago!) because I figured it proved that my education was in English. I don't know whether it would have been a problem if I hadn't sent it I just went down the road of throw everything at them!

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. Could you please let me know in which category (Vocational, Work Experience, Identity) under step 6 did you place additional documents such as school certificates and prove of english language ability?

I sent mine...sorry can't help with other bit as I haven't done that.