Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South African Police Clearance

Default South African Police Clearance

Hi there,

We thought it would only take a few minutes to get the above but turns out it needs to go to Pretoria and can take up to 2 months!! Anybody have any connections?? Our ITA is due 13th of March 2009!!

Thx!
    Susan and John

If you are unable to get the necessary paperwork for the ITA before the due date, you can ask for an extension letting them know what the hold will be. Not sure where you would call if you live in SA. I am sure the contact information is on your letter of congratulations in your ITA packet. Good luck!

http://www.dfa.gov.za/consular/policeclear.htm

and

http://www.saps.gov.za/_dynamicModul....asp?myURL=268

You need to phone your local police station to find your closest fingerprinting bureau. We had to drive to Brighton and pay £90.00 for fingerprints.

We have family in SA so they paid the fee at a local police station and took the fingerprints to their local police station in SA. you can take it to any local SA police station apparently. they will send it on to Pretoria. If you don't live in SA perhaps ask your bank if they will issue a cheque in rands or something similar then send it all off to Pretoria.

we never set foot in SA to get the certificate.

the system works. ours came back fine - just took a few months. they were very helpful when we phoned so perhaps if you put a letter with yours saying they are urgent, you might find they prioritise it (it's worth a try).

Not sure how you thought it would only take a few minutes? This is south africa - the land of the looooooong wait!

I have heard that being able to prove you have sent off for the South African police clearance will in some cases be accepted (and you send it on as soon as it arrives) because NZIS know that SA takes longer than anyone else - as would anyone who has ever lived there.

Mine came back last week, and took two months, but had it couriered to family, then they couriered it to pretoria and back, and then back to me... Good Luck

I can help you with a contact, will cost a bit of money but let me know if its needed. PM me if you wish.

Thx for the comments everyone!

I have already asked for 1 extension for a birth certificate, don't really want to ask again. I will def try the NZIS and see if the application for police clearance will be ok until the actual docs arrive.

Silly me thinking that this was the easiest part!!!

Dumbass!!!

Hi
    Digging through my paperwork I found the details of a company that will do a S.A. police clearance cert.

http://dkpinvestigations.com

The S.A. gov. included their details when they sent me a letter to go to a U.K. police station (I live in the West Country) for my finger prints.

In the letter they do say that you do not have to use this company
    and I personally have not used them yet BUT probablly will when I need to get this part done.

They have an agent in the U.K. and say it will take only weeks and not months so you might like to try this company

Thanx very much!!

Plymgirl you rock!! I think this is going to work Woohoo!!!
    Yay today is a great Friday!!!

Just replied to your PM and basically used the same - DKP Investigations. Ive sent you their details, what we paid etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast