Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Statutory Declaration signature for Sponsorship Forms

Default Statutory Declaration signature for Sponsorship Forms

Who or what type of person qualifies to make the Statutory Declaration on the Sponsorship forms?

At the top of my sponsorship forms to sponsor my husband it said it had to be witnesses by a Lawyer or Notary.

Hope that helps

Maggie

If it's the form I'm thinking of we had ours done by a police officer at the station in ChCh. Otherwise a notary or similar should do it.

Hi, I phoned the nearest solicitors to me when I sponsored my husband. it cost 6 pounds and they said just come during opening hours. I also got her to do the certified copy of my passport - I think that was £2.
    Regards
    Jo

Partnership application submitted - 19.12.08
    Case officer assigned 3.1.09

I went to my local solicitor and it cost £5.

Hi,

this is my first post, but i though i'd let people know that I was given a quote of £75 plus VAT just to have a statutory declaration done. I obviously said no.

Does anyone else know where it can be done for cheaper? Can you get a local court to get the justice of the peace to sign for example?

my statutory declaration is costing £50+vat plus £5 to a different solicitor. I'm doing it tomorrow and it is different from counter-signing the passports, which was £1 a doc from my solicitor. I'm having one because I was born overseas and need to confirm my British citizenship. They have taken all my details and are putting together the declaration. Tomorrow I have to go in and check and sign it, then I have to go to another solicitor to have it witnessed again. The solicitor said that there are lots of different statutory declarations and asked what I needed it for before quoting the price. Hope that helps

Smile

I am not sure elsewhere but in NZ you can have the statutory declaration signed by Justice of the Peace (JP) for free.

You can search your local JP on Yellow Pages but may need to make an appointment in advance though.

Hope this helps.

I had mine done by a JP for free. I just went to my local citizens advice and she did it there and then for me. This was the statutory declaration for a Parent sponsorship form.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast