Thread: UKForex... do any members regularly use them?

Default UKForex... do any members regularly use them?

Picking up on comments from a different thread, I just wondered if any members regularly use UKForex for money transfers... if so, how do you rate them? (pun not intended)

Thanks

Yes.

Used them last Friday 06/02/09 and they were fab.

Just register with them and the rate you see is the rate you get. I kept flicking between ukforx and hifx market watch to keep an eye on the market which worked well for me.

Good luck.

Hi Dylan

Yeah, I see you got a good rate last week

I'm considering using UKForex for our final lump transfer. We used HiFX last week and like most of their transactions, they reduce the Interbank rate by 0.03 to offer you an exchange rate for that moment in time.

How quick is it to register with UKForex?

It takes around 5 mins to fill in the online form. They will then contact you to ask some relevent questions and then they do some background checks on you, which in my case took just a couple of hours. You will then receive a verification code through the post the next day which you use when you log on, although I would imagine you could trade without the code as there is a "skip this" button. They were very nice, easy to talk to and answered my questions without any problems.

Good luck

Hi Dylan,

Im thinking about using UKforex too... it looks quite straight forward to use with good rates!

Can I ask if the bank you sent the money to in NZ charges you a fee for receiving the money you sent and if UKforex require a minimum amount to convert?

Ta

Jane

Jane

Our migrant bank manager at Westpac has advised a NZ$10 charge for each incoming telegraphic transfer (regardless of amount)... cheap compared to the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Swedenz View Post
    Hi Dylan,

Im thinking about using UKforex too... it looks quite straight forward to use with good rates!

Can I ask if the bank you sent the money to in NZ charges you a fee for receiving the money you sent and if UKforex require a minimum amount to convert?

Ta

Jane
    Not sure about that one. Currently awaiting a call from westpac regarding opening an account. But as has been mentioned before on previous posts I will be looking fora waiver of this fee as government employees get free banking.

Quote Originally Posted by dylan View Post
    I will be looking fora waiver of this fee as government employees get free banking.
    Hmmm, good point. I've not mentioned to our migrant bank manager that OH is a nurse... time for yet another email I reckon

I use NZForex (same people), and they've been great & very easy to deal with.

Nick.