Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trademe or ebay??

Default Trademe or ebay??

I'm after opinions as we can't seem to agree. As some of you will be aware from my post in the lounge the other day I am involved in raising the funds to send our school football team (my boy included) to go to an International Sporting Competition in Australia. Anyway. I'm after an opinion as to where to sell some football memorabilia that some of the UK clubs have very kindly donated to us. We have to sell;

Arsenal Football Club - a signed team photo,

Reading Football Club - shirt signed by all the players

Liverpool - some old mug

Chelsea - a few bits and pieces

We can't decide if it would have a more collectible appeal here or in the UK.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

I would have thought that Ebay would be better, but it's just my personal opinion.

Is there no way you can list on both with maybe a clause at the bottom of the listing stating that the items are listed elsewhere too and so as the seller you retain the right to withdraw the listing? Sort of the best of both worlds then. Or is that just plain cheeky?

You can list things with TradeMe with a note that it is listed elsewhere and seller reserves right to withdraw etc etc. At least, I should say I see people doing it all the time.
    Not sure about eBay though.

My experience with eBay is that unless you are skilled at getting your listing noticed even things with decent prices get overlooked. At least with US eBay that is. I always found I had a hard time finding my own listings through the eBay spam

Wow an Arsenal signed team photo! Please let me know when you list it, I'd love to have a chance to bid for that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by willsken View Post
    I'm after opinions as we can't seem to agree. As some of you will be aware from my post in the lounge the other day I am involved in raising the funds to send our school football team (my boy included) to go to an International Sporting Competition in Australia. Anyway. I'm after an opinion as to where to sell some football memorabilia that some of the UK clubs have very kindly donated to us. We have to sell;

Arsenal Football Club - a signed team photo,

Reading Football Club - shirt signed by all the players

Liverpool - some old mug

Chelsea - a few bits and pieces

We can't decide if it would have a more collectible appeal here or in the UK.

Any thoughts??

Thanks
    Surely there is more rarity value here? Is the buyer going to have to pay postage from NZ or is the stuff in the UK? That might be a factor?

Gil

It's here in NZ. I thought that NZ would be better and others think UK....

Pleccy will PM when we eventually decide where to list the stuff!

I agree NZ Nic!

Gil

You have the rarity here but not the numbers of people wanting it IMO, I was an avid seller on EBay & just started selling on Trademe & EBay always got more viewings & more bids IMO, I think you would get more money from EBay, is there any way you could ship it all back to the UK & get someone to post it out for you when it's been won?

have a look at similar things and see what prices they are fetching. I would think that Ebay would have a bigger pool of buyers to draw from. keep in mind with ebay you have to pay to list even if it doesnt sell whereas trademe you dont. no sale no fee.

Hi Pleccy, just to let you know the football stuff is now up for sale on our website... http://chbcfootball.webs.com/auctions.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast