Thread: in Hamilton

Default in Hamilton

Hi,

Looking to have an apartment or small house for new arrivals (2 adults and 1 child) in Hamilton ?

Regards,

Hi,

Have you tried looking on trade me (www.trademe.co.nz) in their real estate section. Many of the real estate agencies seem to advertise their properties on there.

Julie

Hi,

I took notice to the (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-me-property/index.htm), but is it good idea to follow and trust this site ?

If I liked one of the houses, can I observe it for free or there is amount should be paid ?

Concerning contracts, is it weekly contracts or monthly contracts ? Is there a minimum number of weeks or I can rent for 1 or 2 weeks ?

Thanks

I think you will be fine with trademe as it is more popular than ebay in NZ (although I don't have any personal experience of it myself), particlarly if it is a real estate agent that is advertising it as they are just using the site for advertising and you will deal direct with the agent. Get in touch with the real estate agent to organise a viewing (shouldn't cost you anything to view) and I have heard that they often do open houses on a set day for viewing the property of choice. If it is a private listing...check the persons feedback for peace of mind.

If you are still unsure about using trademe, have a look at http://www.realestate.co.nz/rental but you will find many of the same properties being advertised by the same agents etc.

Can't help you I am afraid with the terms of a NZ rental, but if you are looking for something for just a couple of weeks perhaps a holiday rental like a bach may suffice?

For short term accommodation you could find motels and apartment hotels that would be suitable. One central city apartment hotel is the Quest on Ward or a central suburban riverside option are the Forbes Apartments. If you google for serviced apartments you may find other options.

Normal rental terms are monthly with 2-4 weeks notice. In theory you can cancel after a month, though the expectation is that you will stay for at least a few months. Some landlords do require leases with a minimum term of 6 months or 12 months..

Shawn