Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Driving Licences - Clearing it up once and for all

It's really not hard at all driving on the left. Just remember that the drivers side of the car is towards the middle of the road.

The only time I really had any problems were when I was backing out onto the road, but I only do that out of my driveway, and my road isn't that busy.

The hard part was learning to drive a manual while driving on the wrong side of the road.

I didn't drive while in NZ, but I did almost get run over when I first arrived, I am so used to looking right then left before crossing. The same thing happened when I got home, did a quick left glance then right as I was stepping into the road, almost got squished again

Quote Originally Posted by trillian25 View Post
    I didn't drive while in NZ, but I did almost get run over when I first arrived, I am so used to looking right then left before crossing. The same thing happened when I got home, did a quick left glance then right as I was stepping into the road, almost got squished again
    I don't quite understand this. The kerb drill for pedestrians in countries where they/we drive on the left is 'Look Right, Look Left, Look Right again, and keep looking and listening while you cross' (which used to be dinned into UK school children).

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    ...which used to be dinned into UK school children
    By the squirrel with the unfortunate hedgehog friend?

And the Green Giant (before he sold corn on the cob), and before that even, by a woman with an operatic soprano voice!

My sister met the green cross code man - he also played Darth Vader!

Quote Originally Posted by cherieb View Post
    My sister met the green cross code man - he also played Darth Vader!
    Oh wow, now thats a claim to fame!!

I don't quite understand this. The kerb drill for pedestrians in countries where they/we drive on the left is 'Look Right, Look Left, Look Right again, and keep looking and listening while you cross' (which used to be dinned into UK school children).[/QUOTE]

From childhood (growing up in the US) I remember looking left, right, then left again, and stop, look and listen before you cross.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I don't quite understand this. The kerb drill for pedestrians in countries where they/we drive on the left is 'Look Right, Look Left, Look Right again, and keep looking and listening while you cross' (which used to be dinned into UK school children).
    I may have got it turned around trying to visualize it from my living room at 2am I check more often on a busier street, but the rural streets by my house just a quick glance is all that is needed, not to mention I was in a 4-way stop crosswalk at the time... some people just don't pay attention no matter what country you live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiba View Post
    By the squirrel with the unfortunate hedgehog friend?
    What ever happened to Tuffty ?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast