Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rubbish

Default rubbish

I am busy packing for my house move. Obviously I had a massive clearout before I brought a 20ft container full of household stuff to NZ however, since I have been here, I (the airlines actually) have damaged 3 suitcases which are now rendered unusable.

My question is - how do I dispose of them? I'm sure the weekly refuse collection won't take them as they wont fit inside a Wellington plastic bag or recycle bin!!

err go to the tip? Or list 'em on freecycle, maybe somebody will have a use for them...

Thanks Big Puku - I didn't even think about Freecycle which I used to be a member of in the UK. Will give that a try.

or put it on trademe for $1

Do you not have a large item rubbish clearance in Wellington? in Auckland every 6 months or so the council will take large items that are not wanted. We just put them outside on certain dates and they take it away. If they do this you could take them with you then put them out at the appropiate time
    Last edited by Dave in NZ; 24th February 2009 at 09:46 PM.

I knew that scheme happens in other areas but I have been here just over a year and it has never happened in my area

Quote Originally Posted by cappuccino View Post
    I knew that scheme happens in other areas but I have been here just over a year and it has never happened in my area
    I've not heard of the same scheme around Wellington, but it's worth checking the council website.

For example, if you are in the Porirua area:-
    Porirua residents can have unwanted household items collected twice a year for free.
    Porirua City residents who are unable to drop unwanted household items off to Trash Palace can arrange for two free collections from their house per year.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline and Dave View Post
    Do you not have a large item rubbish clearance in Wellington? in Auckland every 6 months or so the council will take large items that are not wanted. We just put them outside on certain dates and they take it away. If they do this you could take them with you then put them out at the appropiate time
    In Auckland it's every two years and its called the Inorganics collection. It's coming up soon (over the next few months) so watch for when your area is being collected.

Quote Originally Posted by kanatakiwi View Post
    In Auckland it's every two years and its called the Inorganics collection. It's coming up soon (over the next few months) so watch for when your area is being collected.
    Easily spotted by the piles and piles and piles of rubbish growing by the side of the road...

Makes the place even more attractive...

Daniela

Quote Originally Posted by kanatakiwi View Post
    Different Auckland councils must have different rules as we have it once a year but it seems more than that. I think we had an extra one last year
    http://www.northshorecity.govt.nz/?s...-inorganic.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast