Thread: Dentist in Christchurch Area

Default Dentist in Christchurch Area

Hello, Does anyone have a great dentist in the Chch area? I hate the dentist and have very sensitive teeth. In addition, we have had bad luck: one dentist has lost his license to practice (alcohol use), another for drug use, and the next told me I had 3 cavities when the following dentist said I had none.
    Thanks,
    Jen

I recently went to a lady dentist called Melanie Blake-Manson. She is with the Dental Surgery at Church Corner, 2 Yaldhurst Road, Upper Riccarton. 03-348-5750.

I can't really describe going to the dentist as a pleasure but she was relaxed and friendly and the filling she did is still there.

I will be keeping an eye on this post as we haven't been able to get any dentist recommendations in the Chch area either. I asked another U.S. family- and they have had the same experiences as you- poor/rough work, bad advice, etc. She said they see a dentist when they go back to the U.S. because they have given up finding someone here. Even our orthodontist couldn't really give us a great referral.

Not looking forward to going to the dentist. My last US dentist abused my insurance and I went from 0 cavities at age 27 to a mouth full of metal within a year and lots of extra to pay.
    I doubt I have anything left to fill really, but I will be watching this space.

I have just been to a dentist. She was lovely. Hubby booked my appt while he was there and mentioned I had a huge phobia(to the point I hadnt been at all since arriving here(Over 4 years!!!)

She was the nicest lady - I had a very small hole which she said some dentists wouldnt bother to fill but felt it was better for me to have done while it was small as it wouldnt hurt so much. As I have only ever had one filling in my life!! I was petrified but she was so calm and patient. Being needle phobic too she thought as it was such a small cavity I could do it with gas and not the needle which I managed!!!!

They are Bush Dental http://bushdental.co.nz/ Go to Anne - she is lovely - Hubby goes to Tony and although he is good he is not patient with wimps like me and he wont do children!

Tanya

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    I have just been to a dentist. She was lovely. Hubby booked my appt while he was there and mentioned I had a huge phobia(to the point I hadnt been at all since arriving here(Over 4 years!!!)

She was the nicest lady - I had a very small hole which she said some dentists wouldnt bother to fill but felt it was better for me to have done while it was small as it wouldnt hurt so much. As I have only ever had one filling in my life!! I was petrified but she was so calm and patient. Being needle phobic too she thought as it was such a small cavity I could do it with gas and not the needle which I managed!!!!

They are Bush Dental http://bushdental.co.nz/ Go to Anne - she is lovely - Hubby goes to Tony and although he is good he is not patient with wimps like me and he wont do children!

Tanya
    Thanks for the info. Do you know if this office has dental hygenists or is it the dentists who do the cleanings as well?

Quote Originally Posted by seattle View Post
    Thanks for the info. Do you know if this office has dental hygenists or is it the dentists who do the cleanings as well?
    They do the cleaning themselves.

Tanya

Default you could come & see us !

perhaps high end of the $$ scale - but the best dentistry i've seen since being back in nz (& I've temp'ed so seen lots !) The 1st place I've worked thay I am unreservedly happy to reccommend .

3 x dentists 3 x hygienists - no dentist picks a scaler up in our practice !

Vic

Quote Originally Posted by mossum View Post

perhaps high end of the $$ scale - but the best dentistry i've seen since being back in nz (& I've temp'ed so seen lots !) The 1st place I've worked thay I am unreservedly happy to reccommend .

3 x dentists 3 x hygienists - no dentist picks a scaler up in our practice !

Vic
    What's the name/location of the practice?