Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: premier league and motd

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default premier league and motd

can you watch sky sports in nz and can you get bbc1's match of the day?

Yes, but only through Sky NZ, not Sky UK. Here's a link to their TV guide:

http://www.skytv.co.nz/tv-guide.aspx

I'd thought about this, as I'm a Liverpool fan and watch quite a bit of footy. Your Sky box in the UK won't work in NZ, as they use a different system. So you'll have to get another box out there from Sky (not sure if you can get Sky through cable like you can in the UK, but I'd be surprised if you can't).

A leftfield alternative is to use something called a Slingbox (which is what I'm doing), but it does need you to have someone in the UK who has Sky Sports (and preferable a Sky+ recording system for playback). But the picture quality won't be as good as a dedicated Sky box - but then again, I'm not paying for the subscription...

Oh and no idea about MOTD on BBC1 I'm afraid - though as I'm Slingboxing my viewing, I get all the UK channels including BBC1

You'll Never Walk Alone Ramo.

Here's another alternative... http://www.myp2p.eu/index.php?part=sports

Super 14 rugby from South Africa being broadcast at the moment

Not sure if it works in NZ or if there is some location blocking as with the BBC i-player. Perhaps some insomniac down under could test and let us know, although I guess we could wait until morning?

Quote Originally Posted by tenacioust View Post
    You'll Never Walk Alone Ramo.
    indeed - but we'll never win another Premier League at this rate...

Plenty of Premiership matches on Sky Sports. I guess Sky have paid for them anyway, so might as well show them here. No MotD though, as far as I can tell (Sky have their own competing program). There's always Bittorrent - the BBC have pretty much said they don't mind people torrenting their stuff. Unfirtunately, Watch Again or whatever it's called won't work from here, though the BBC do have plans to start an international version.

use a variety of torrent sites including www.thebox.bz to download whole games or motd... usually available within an hour of the live game finishing... for example got the manu pool game down in 45mins and was watching it over brekky sunday morning
    the challenge is then to avoid hearing the score in the interim!

If anybody needs a "thebox" invite, I can oblige, I just need an email address. Strictly for public domain, review and other fair-use purposes, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ22 View Post
    If anybody needs a "thebox" invite, I can oblige, I just need an email address. Strictly for public domain, review and other fair-use purposes, of course.

Ooh, I'd quite like to review "the box". THanks,

alittlegreenman@googlemail.com

Neil, I need to introduce you to some of the local expat blokes, all nuts on English footy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast