Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Credit checks???

Default Credit checks???

Hi

Just wondering if potential employers/immigration would want to do credit checks? Obviously companies lending money would, but we will eventually rent not mortgage, and we don't do credit cards anymore.

We have a bad credit rating here (UK) although we are paying things off with agreed repayments, I know for a fact our credit rating is total pants. (No CCJs or mortgage/secured loan arrears though!)

I am just starting to worry that previous stupidity with money and arrears mainly triggered by huge tax credit overpayment needing to be paid back, have buggered up our credit rating. Would hate to think this could ruin our NZ dream, as if we do move over we can clear it all with the house sale money, so would be debt free, but with a bad record.

Any advice/ reassurance welcome!

Helen

HI Helen

No, i am sure they wont

Sharon
    x

No credit checks you can relax

i think mine was only as my future employer is a bank. bear in mind that NZ'ers wouldnt really understand a UK check as NZ only uses negative reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty69 View Post
    No credit checks you can relax
    Sure you didn't mean no credit checks, just not checked with overseas agencies.

They will still perform a credit check within NZ for any loans etc, but as the OP won't have any credit history in NZ they shouldn't have any problems (well none of the credit history variety anyway).

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by victoria24 View Post
    i think mine was only as my future employer is a bank.
    I don't work in the banking sector but was subject to a NZ credit check by my current employer.

Quote Originally Posted by 5kings View Post
    Hi

I am just starting to worry that previous stupidity with money and arrears mainly triggered by huge tax credit overpayment needing to be paid back, have buggered up our credit rating. Would hate to think this could ruin our NZ dream, as if we do move over we can clear it all with the house sale money, so would be debt free, but with a bad record.

Any advice/ reassurance welcome!

Helen
    Wow helen I am in the exact same circumstance, and since we weren't very far along in the process I didn't even think to ask this. Our Credit rating is garbage as well, due to a mixture of ignorance and stupidity. But we are working our way out of all of this as well. Though the funny thing is we have to pay everything off before we head to NZ, because the currency rate is so crazy that we would never be able to pay them off. But its ok cause we are almost there, best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by NanMan View Post
    Wow helen I am in the exact same circumstance, and since we weren't very far along in the process I didn't even think to ask this. Our Credit rating is garbage as well, due to a mixture of ignorance and stupidity. But we are working our way out of all of this as well. Though the funny thing is we have to pay everything off before we head to NZ, because the currency rate is so crazy that we would never be able to pay them off. But its ok cause we are almost there, best of luck to you.
    INZ dont check your credit, it appears certain employers do. as ian rightly pointed out, once you're in nz with pr, they should only do an nz credit check which will be fine anyway.

I have applied for a job with ENZ bank and they informed me that they will do a credit check BUT as we are in NZ it will only be in NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty69 View Post
    I have applied for a job with ENZ bank and they informed me that they will do a credit check BUT as we are in NZ it will only be in NZ
    WOW! ENZ have a bank now!

... only kidding; I know you meant ANZ.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast