Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breadmaker?

Default Breadmaker?

I have recently discovered my breadmaker again after a few years of it sitting on the top of my kitchen cupboards, and am wondering whether or not to bring it with us to NZ. Does anyone know if you can buy the (wonderful) packet bread mixes in NZ? (esp in BOP area).

Not sure if there is a Bin Inn near where you will be but they sell breadmaker mixes by the kg+
    http://www.bininn.co.nz/

You may be able to get them elsewhere as well. Not sure if they have them in supermarkets as if I am going to buy them I like the Bin Inn ones.

Quote Originally Posted by deb.cacace View Post
    I have recently discovered my breadmaker again after a few years of it sitting on the top of my kitchen cupboards, and am wondering whether or not to bring it with us to NZ. Does anyone know if you can buy the (wonderful) packet bread mixes in NZ? (esp in BOP area).
    Yes the packet bread mixes are readily available in the local supermarkets.

Not actually tried them though, so no idea if they are wonderful ?

Ian

Yes deffo bring the bread maker as the supermarket ones are good but as mentioned Bininn cheaper

What's in those packets then? I just use what the recipe says that came with the breadmaker & it's dead easy? Just wondering

I use my breadmaker every other day so well worth bringing. I don't buy pizzas anymore as a treat for the kids, we make our own bases up and they are much nicer. We do have a Bin Inn which I am going to try.

I use Edmond's Multi-grain mix - just add yeast and water

There is a Bin Inn at Mount Maunganui & on Cameron Road, Tauranga - if that's where you're heading!

We make all our own bread.....use the breadmaker daily. We were delighted to find that 5kg bags of flour are cheap and available in supermarkets here. We don't buy the mixes as it is soooo cheap to buy the ingredients for most bread and all the extras like seeds and grains are on scoop in the supermarkets as well as places like Bin Inns, plus it only takes about 3-4 minutes to add ingredients for most basic loaves.

I have considered in the past, but decided that I can't do the homemade, freshly-baked, hot, bread thing...it's SOOOO good, I can't control myself....I can eat a whole loaf with butter! Evil, I tell you! EVIL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast