Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: washing machine expert

Default washing machine expert

I brought a new Bosch washing machine over and installed it in my new house a few days ago. First wash was ok but today the wash cycle didn't complete and the drum isn't spinning (motor is whirring in the background). Anybody got any technical solutions or failing that does anybody know a washing machine technician in the Wellington area?

Thats a real pain. It's just a thought but did you fix the transit bolds on when it was shipped over ? I don't know what it does but i do know it can really damage the machine if they weren't in place. Sorry i can't be of any more help.

Yeh it was brand new and the transit bolts were still in place but we removed them on installation.

sounds like the belt has jumped off or broke to me, unplug it and take the back off you'll see it straight away.

should be cheap to fix, if it has just come off, buy another anyway because it may have stretched, but pop it back on for now.

do remember to unplug it before you take the back off, and don't touch any wires because the condenser can still give you a tickle.

Bob

What model number is it?

You may have something blocked in the drain pump?

Have you checked the manual for troubleshooting, should tell you how to clean the drain pump.

Is there an error number being displayed?

Ian

OK so I managed to get the back off and sure enough the belt was hanging off. It's really tight to get back on the drum and I have cut my hand to ribbons. Is there an easy way to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by cappuccino View Post
    OK so I managed to get the back off and sure enough the belt was hanging off. It's really tight to get back on the drum and I have cut my hand to ribbons. Is there an easy way to do this?
    You could check out how to fit a washing machine belt video.

Ian

Ian that's brilliant :-) My hands are bleeding too much to try it tonight so I will try again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    You could check out how to fit a washing machine belt video.

Ian
    Ian, is there no limit to you wisdom???!

All fixed now, thanks to Big Rod.

It was indeed the belt which had come loose. Perhaps it is something you should check if you are bringing a washing machine over. Remember to put on the transit bolts before it gets packed. When you install the machine, check that the belt hasn't come loose cos it will probably get 'jiggled' a bit during the journey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast