Thread: Two year work visa and residency

Default Two year work visa and residency

Hi, I´m having a phone interview next sunday and will be receiving a work contract soon, so I will be applying for a 2 year work visa and at the same time lodging EOI. I hope to return ITA while being in NZ (I have to start work by mid July and cannot afford to wait for residency to come through).

Do I have to do medicals twice?
    I´m having them done on April 24 and am flying to NZ May 23. Hope to return ITA by July 20 (a little under 3 months after inicial medicals done in Chile). Can I use the same ones for the work visa and residency? can I get copies?

All applications for residence in Chile go the Washington DC branch, Can I somehow apply directly to a NZ branch scince I will be in NZ when returning ITA?

Hi there, congratulations on the job offer, that seems to be the biggest hurdle when you're not already in NZ.

Your medical should be able to be used for both applications as long as your within the time limits. I believe a medical is valid for 6 months??

We came over on a visitors visa, having already completed and been selected from EOI. Got a 2 year work permit and completed our medicals here, and ITA too and used the one medical for the both applications.

Hope this helps and good luck

Jeannie

Quote Originally Posted by Papias View Post
    Do I have to do medicals twice?
    I´m having them done on April 24 and am flying to NZ May 23. Hope to return ITA by July 20 (a little under 3 months after inicial medicals done in Chile). Can I use the same ones for the work visa and residency? can I get copies?

All applications for residence in Chile go the Washington DC branch, Can I somehow apply directly to a NZ branch scince I will be in NZ when returning ITA?
    Officially PR medicals must be done specifically for that application i.e. even if you have already submitted a medical for another application. That said, as long as your application is still within the 3 months they may accept it (would check with your CO when you get assigned one).

You don't need to take copies of the medical as they will have it logged on record and can reference it if they need to.

Don't think that you are allowed to apply to a different branch, of course you could hold off the PR application until you are in NZ if you want to ensure that it is processed in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    I believe a medical is valid for 6 months??
    Medicals are valid for 3 months from the date they are signed by the doctor.

Ian