Thread: Short-term Auckland rental?

Default Short-term Auckland rental?

Hi- We are arriving in Auckland in July for a one-year stay but would like to look around before signing on to a one-year lease for a rental apartment or house. Does anyone have recommendations for how to rent a place for a week or two while shopping around? Should we just get a motel? Thanks!!

Have you thought about a holiday home? Some of these links may help:

http://www.bookabach.co.nz

http://www.holidayhomes.co.nz

http://www.holidayhouses.co.nz

Kerry

What Kerry and David said........we are currently in our holiday home until we move into our rental on the 3rd April......good luck in whatever you do

Default Plenty of short term rentals in the city

We stayed for 2 weeks in a two bed apartment in The Volt on Queen street. You get all the furniture and kitchenette and equipment and bathroom for about $250-350 inclusive of bills and can use it as a proper address. We had taken it for 3 weeks and found a rental earlier so moved out with no problems. We got our bond and one weeks rent back.

You can book them yourself when you arrive or use an estate agent like we did like Ray white city apartments.

There are lots to choose from find them on line.

Karen

we used a serviced apartment- there are lots around - oaks are one chain but we used apartments in auckland as internet was included. it had a kitchen, laundry and was very nice inside.

have a look at travelbug.co.nz or wotif.com for best deals.

JoolzR

Quote Originally Posted by homertonian View Post
    We stayed for 2 weeks in a two bed apartment in The Volt on Queen street. You get all the furniture and kitchenette and equipment and bathroom for about $250-350 inclusive of bills and can use it as a proper address. We had taken it for 3 weeks and found a rental earlier so moved out with no problems. We got our bond and one weeks rent back.

You can book them yourself when you arrive or use an estate agent like we did like Ray white city apartments.

There are lots to choose from find them on line.

Karen
    Karen - could two adults, a 4 yr old and a baby survive in one of the Volt 2 bed apartments for 4 weeks or would we go stir-crazy? They look a bit little and with limited cooking facilities..... Anyone else got any apartment recommendations?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Pr...-205462037.htm

I've lived here for 6 months and leave for UK tomorrow (6 month visa run out unfortunately) - they have a short term tenant in till June and I'm hoping to return in Sept/Oct to take it again but it should be available in July.

Nice people, nice area,fitted out with everything you need and telephone with free local calls included.

I'm hoping to return in Sept/Oct to take it again
    Oh, good luck, Ian! Hope all your plans work out.

Hi

If you are still looking OM me and i may be able to help you out if you ar ehappy with the North Shore.

Nanny