Thread: Bed linen (Manchester)

Default Bed linen (Manchester)

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good shop to purchase bed linen (sheets etc). I think in NZ it is called Manchester Dept.

Thx

Sorry, should have added in the ChCh area to my post!

I don't know about Christchurch specifically but nationwide stores that are always good are The Warehouse and Briscoes off the top of head.

HTH

I think the Arbuckles in the Supa Centre may have gone out of business by now. Got some good deals there when we arrived. Last time I was up there the sign was still up but I think the space may have been taken over by Postie+. The Payless stores carry the Arbuckle range, but not sure on the prices. They have cheap kitchen wares though!
    There's Briscoes as well. I thought the one on Salisbury near the CBD was sort of an outlet store but not sure. I got a really good deal on a duvet cover from one of them (and I've only bought stuff from that one and the one in Riccarton!). $20 for a $100 cover.

There's also Bed Bath and Beyond (try Eastgate or Tower Junction). Also a shop in the South (name escapes me, and where it is, South City Centre, Barringtons?) that sells fabric, duvets, quilts, and linens. Sorry, can't think of the name or even where it is. South City website doesn't have a name I recognize and Barringtons doesn't have a list of stores, but I bought some pillowcases there!

"Also a shop in the South (name escapes me, and where it is, South City Centre, Barringtons?) that sells fabric, duvets, quilts, and linens. Sorry, can't think of the name or even where it is."
    Would this maybe be Spotlight?
    Also, Ballantynes, sometimes has great sales on home furnishings.

Quote Originally Posted by ljrobin View Post
    "Also a shop in the South (name escapes me, and where it is, South City Centre, Barringtons?) that sells fabric, duvets, quilts, and linens. Sorry, can't think of the name or even where it is."
    Yes thats it!

Was driving me crazy not being able to think of it.

Looks like me quoting puts the posts out of order, how funny, since I know I posted after Ian.

Farmers department stores also have a large range of manchester.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ljrobin View Post
    It took me ages to realise that Spotlight didn't sell light fittings bit of a silly name for the kind of store it is, don't ya think?

Thanks for the quick responses. I'll do some investigating on-line.
    Cheers

Just bought a new bed (finally got a king size cos it doesn't fill the room!!), and hence had to get some bigger sheets etc.

KMart was doing 60% off Manchester a couple of weeks ago, so got some bargains there.

Briscos are good.

Also bought some sheets from Payless.

And a bagainous Duvet cover from the local department store in Kaiapoi, Blackwells. $29 for a King duvet cover, and pillow cases reduced from over $100