Thread: Finding Jobs in NZ

Question Finding Jobs in NZ

Dear Friends

I have two years experience in ICT field working as Senior IT Technician. I have received my ITA(without job offer) on 14 Feb 2009. I have all the supporting documents in hand to apply for immigration under skilled migration.

I have called many recruiting companies to discuss about my job prospects in NZ. Every single one asking the same question, “When will you arrive in NZ”. They are not willing to discuss with me or provide me job offer, while I am in UK.

I believe if I have job offer London Immigration office will process my application quicker (3 weeks if I am not wrong). So I am desperate in getting job offer before I leave UK, and I can’t find any resources in my pocket to fund myself to fly to NZ for job hunting.

Is anyone out there having/facing the similar problems like me? Is there anyway I can get jobs offers in IT field while I am in UK?

Your help is greatly appreciated

Cheers
    Santhosh

If you could scrape together a grand you could do a budget trip on your own and get in front of people?

Quote Originally Posted by santhoshworld View Post
    Is anyone out there having/facing the similar problems like me? Is there anyway I can get jobs offers in IT field while I am in UK?
    Don't worry, you're not alone by a longshot! You are actually in a better spot that us as we will depend on a job offer to even have enough points for the EOI.
    Besides going to NZ, the best advice is approach companies directly. Here is the accredited companies list, you can visit the websites and see if they could use your skills. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...st.htm?level=1
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by santhoshworld View Post
    Dear Friends

I have two years experience in ICT field working as Senior IT Technician. I have received my ITA(without job offer) on 14 Feb 2009. I have all the supporting documents in hand to apply for immigration under skilled migration.

I have called many recruiting companies to discuss about my job prospects in NZ. Every single one asking the same question, “When will you arrive in NZ”. They are not willing to discuss with me or provide me job offer, while I am in UK.

I believe if I have job offer London Immigration office will process my application quicker (3 weeks if I am not wrong). So I am desperate in getting job offer before I leave UK, and I can’t find any resources in my pocket to fund myself to fly to NZ for job hunting.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Cheers
    Santhosh
    hi dude,

kind of the same but different, i'm a refrigeration engineer, applied last year for pr, but withdraw, but looking at applying again next year, although got a job to go to, but still applying for others, finding that agencies are saying the same come and see us when in country, but the big companies are saying let us know nearer the time i'm comming out, so i'd go direct to companies try www.nzs.com may find it companies, or maybe yellow pages.

good luck

j.j.