Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got blood work back with a problem

Default Got blood work back with a problem

I just recieved my blood work results. There are a couple of issues and they are not going to do another test for 6 weeks and my ITA will expires on April 17th. What are my options, if there are any?

Lipid Panel
    ---Cholesterol, Serum 189, should be between 125-200 OK
    ---Triglycerides, Serum 327 H, should be less than 150 NOT OK
    ---HDL Cholesterol 32 L, should be greater than or equal to 40 NOT OK
    ---LDL 92, it says optimal <100, near opt. 0-129 OK
    ---Chol/HDL Ratio 5.9 H, should be less than or equal to 5.0 NOT OK

Rest of my results were fine and my wife's results were all fine too.

You can send in your ITA and if you do get further results you can send them off to your CO when you get them/are assigned a CO.
    In the mean time I'd recommend asking your doctor what you can do to get those levels in normal ranges.

With the short deadline you have, you have to submit the ITA together with these unfortunate medical results. It is likely that the MA will ask you to go for further testing since you exhibit such high levels of triglycerides. This usually results in an extensive delay to your application process.

Bkymoster is right. Don't wait for the answer. Seek medical attention to try and bring down those levels.

From a diet/lifestyle point of view as Im a Dietitian, I would recommend the following

To reduce LDL: really cut back on sugar and foods and drinks containing sugar ie coke, sweets, biscuits, cakes and especially alcohol.

To improve HDL: increase exercise, lose weight

To reduce total cholesterol: Reduce fat intake, especially saturated fat from animal sources....butter, cheese, red meat etc..

http://www.nutrition.org.uk/home.asp...on=304&which=4

Heres another good link

http://www.bda.uk.com/foodfacts/0711...althyHeart.pdf

Good luck

Not sure how quickly you can see a result, I normally say about 3 months.

Does anyone know the Liver Function Test ranges that NZ immigration require at the mo - specifically GGT and ALT?

woops made a wee booboo on my last post and dont know how to edit it

Where I said how to lower LDL I actually ment to say Triglycerides!!!

Hi there,

Same thing happened to my OH, but he was able to retest with better results. Since you are pressed for time, I would send in what you have, retest and send it in later. OH's doctor suggested he refrain from taking any vitamins, supplements and medications and retest. He did and his levels went to the normal range and his doctor made a note of that on his medical and still checked, "no significant findings."

Good luck.

Thank your all for taking the time to answer my question and thanks for the health tips and links. I have already started on that.

As of now, I have decided to let my ITA expire and I will submit the new ITA in a year when the economy gets better in the world, especially in NZ. I also do not want to go through the hassles of dealing with the MA. I want to wait until I am medically fit for NZ.

I also have a feeling (this is the big one for not going forward) that I will end up getting WTR instead of PR and I am not moving to NZ in WTR. I am not courageous enough to move to NZ with two little children to feed and wife who will not be able to work (need to take care of kids). I have a very little savings and as far as I know we will not be able to get free medical care and other benefits while in WTR, if we needed them while job hunting.

Thanks again everybody for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by nickiware View Post
    Does anyone know the Liver Function Test ranges that NZ immigration require at the mo - specifically GGT and ALT?
    ALT 10 - 35
    Gamma GT 9 - 35

(as of June last year)

Quote Originally Posted by np2nz View Post
    Thank your all for taking the time to answer my question and thanks for the health tips and links. I have already started on that.

As of now, I have decided to let my ITA expire and I will submit the new ITA in a year when the economy gets better in the world, especially in NZ. I also do not want to go through the hassles of dealing with the MA. I want to wait until I am medically fit for NZ.

I also have a feeling (this is the big one for not going forward) that I will end up getting WTR instead of PR and I am not moving to NZ in WTR. I am not courageous enough to move to NZ with two little children to feed and wife who will not be able to work (need to take care of kids). I have a very little savings and as far as I know we will not be able to get free medical care and other benefits while in WTR, if we needed them while job hunting.

Thanks again everybody for your help.
    Best of luck with your future applciation then (and good health!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast