Thread: Claiming points under identified future growth area

Default Claiming points under identified future growth area

I have a question about claiming bonus points for work experience in an identified future growth area. It is mentioned clearly in the document.
    "You need to note that work experience in an identified future growth years area only qualifies for bonus points if you are also claiming points for current skilled employment or an offer of skilled employment in an identified future growth area."

What exactly does current skilled employment mean ?
    I am a IT professional with no work experience in New Zealand and I do not have any offer letter .

I had claimed bonus for under this category in ITA and I was assigned visa officer for a while and she had raised some concerns about my application (which I was able to resolve ) but never about claiming points under this category.

What's going on ? am I missing something ?

In many instances, skilled employment really refers to skilled employment in New Zealand.

You may not get these bonus points...

yeah i seem to remember somewhere it says on the website that to claim points for identified future growth you have to have a job offer in new zealand or already be in a job in new zealand. only for this category because i don't think the same is true for absolute skills shortage list (ie don't NEED a job offer to claim)

What if what you do is not something you get a job for? I was going to claim points for the creative industry, but I am a freelancer/ artist, so I will not have an official job. Would having a client work?

Smile

Yes , you are absolutely right. Adding to it , you can bonus points for work experience in either of absolute skills shortage list or identified future growth area . Problem was I thought I had claimed points in EOI for both the areas. In fact only one was being added to the total .
    satyamsandhu
    Quote Originally Posted by JK&A View Post
    yeah i seem to remember somewhere it says on the website that to claim points for identified future growth you have to have a job offer in new zealand or already be in a job in new zealand. only for this category because i don't think the same is true for absolute skills shortage list (ie don't NEED a job offer to claim)