Thread: Oil Field jobs / offshore work in New Zealand

Default Oil Field jobs / offshore work in New Zealand

Hi everyone ,

I am considering the option of immigrating to NZ with my wife and 2 kidz. Part of my decision making would be to know if there is work offshore. I am an Oil Field Production Supervisor , however I can step down to Production Technician /Control room operator (process).I currently work a 28 days at sea and 28 days leave rotation - I am prepared to do the some or similar in NZ

Can Someone Advise me who to contact - Or supply names of Oilfield companies in NZ. I have checked on the net and see there is an oil and Gas industry in NZ but would appreciate any advice or leads in that direction.

Any Feedback will be most welcome

many thanks
    jpet

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I hope someone will have an answer for you.

This certainly is one of the best sites that I came across so far - Very well organized and well managed - Thank you for the welcome note

The oil and gas industry in NZ is currently very small and is based around Taranaki (the only place with any decent sized fields). Whilst much of the finds thus far have been onshore there are a couple of reasonable sized offshore fields - Maui (gas) and Tui (oil).

Maui is run by Shell Todd Oil Services - http://www.stos.co.nz/
    Tui is run by Australian Worldwide Exploration - http://www.awexp.com.au

There may be other smaller fields but these are the best known.

There have been a couple of good sized recent finds in the last few years but I don't think that they have worked out whether they are commercially viable yet - so, as it currently stands, the industry isn't very large at all!

Hi,

Try OMV I know they are looking for people. http://www.omv.com/portal/01/com/kcx...E0STBCUjVfUTBR

Hi All thanks for the responds at least you've pointed me in some direction.

Once again thanks and any other advice is welcome - This is one of the deciding factors for me at present

all the best
    Jpet

check out seek.co.nz - there's a fair few oily jobs on there from time to time. As mentioned above, the industry is small and maybe another idea would be to work rotation with NZ as your base? Although how that'd work wrt visa I don't know.....

The usual websites for headhunters are mnaglobal.com (who I know have contacts in STOS) and worldwideworker.com although I speak more from the GnG side of things.

Good luck!