Thread: motels on arrival - weekly rates?

Question motels on arrival - weekly rates?

has anyone found a good value motel that discounts for weekly accommodation in Auckland? We're hoping to find somewhere for about 3 weeks as we look for a rental but on nightly rates it is very expensive. I can't find any that offer weekly rates online as yet. Have I not found the right accommodation search engine?

I've already contacted Ray White Apartments to see if we can stay at The Volt as suggested in a previous post.... ideas anyone?

Have a look at www.holidayhouses.co.nz , www.bookabach.co.nz , there are other sites as well but we use these quite frequently.

You should be able to get a good rate for 3 weeks in self catering accommodation in Auckland

thanks!

Hello there

What my family and I did was find a holiday rental near the area we hoped to live. We did this online while still in the UK, using the website mentioned above (holidayhouses.co.nz).

Our reasoning was thus. With three kids in tow, we really needed a place that was already furnished and had all the amenities for catering for a family etc. as unfortunately, many house rentals here in NZ are unfurnished (not much cop when all your worldly possesions are floating across the ocean).

Also we arrived during August when rates were still relatively 'low peak'. We ended up staying for a few months and managed to negotiate an ever better rate with the landlady.

Hope this helps.

We also found a place using the above-mentioned website. Much cheaper - and better - than any of the hotel/motel options we explored. One of the very best tips that we picked up from this board.

remember you should haggle for a discount for a 3 week stay

It's also worth emailing some motels direct and asking about weekly rates (mention 3 weeks) - we certainly got some great deals by doing this elsewhere.