Thread: Plasterers-Is there much work?

Default Plasterers-Is there much work?

Hi,

We were living North of Auckland two years ago and had been for many many years but due to us needing a change and a change in jobs we decided to move so we moved to Perth WA.
    My husband has been a plasterer for 14 years and is at present running his own business and has been for nearly two years now in Perth and its going well and the pay is good BUT we are not settled and want to be where family is so we are looking to moving back HOWEVER we need to make sure there is work for him.

Is there work out there for plasterers ? if so what are the locations? We would love to live Nth Auckland again if poss.

Thanks guys and hope to hear from you all soon.

Cheers

Hmm no reply's cant be good :-(

I'll just bump it up ,to be sure...

Hi

A friend of mine works in that area in Auckland....I will contact him to find out if there is much work about and get back to you..

Might take a couple of days....he dosent respond so quickly to emails

Will hopefully have some more info for you soon

Jane

I got a funny look when I asked locally for a plasterer and was told plastering wasn't something they did much of - apparently what I needed was a 'gib-stopper' - whose job appears to be simply filling in the gaps between plasterboard (gib) after it's nailed up!

I can only think that perhaps the frequent quakes means plaster isn't a great wall covering in NZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Moorf View Post
    I can only think that perhaps the frequent quakes means plaster isn't a great wall covering in NZ?
    I think its more of a cost issue.