Thread: What is the job most in demand in NZ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What job is most in demand in NZ???

Hello

I'm a mum of two and now that one is at school and the other is in daycare twice a week I have some time (which is not a good thing when all I think about it moving back home to NZ).So to help my family get there I thought it would be a great thing to return to study so when we do come back I can get a good job...thing is I don't know what I wanna be when I grow up LOL.

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to study something that is in demand in NZ so I have no worries getting work....BUT WHAT? Can anyone tell me what jobs a re in demand in NZ?

I had thought about doing a teacher aid course so that I can work a long side a teacher I'm not sure how they work in NZ but it seems in Perth they have them a lot in the primary schools.I also thought about hairdressing but cause I'm 33 no one will take me on (I have gone to great efforts to find a job in this industry at no avail)..........So what would be the best area to study then guys?

I would like to live in the Rodney area so I guess jobs differ from place to place however I'm ok to travel to work used to do it all the time so have no concerns there.

Thanks in advance and do hope you might be able to shed some light for me.

PS any info on plastering would be great too!

Cheers.
    Last edited by Jewel; 21st April 2009 at 11:38 AM.