Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using an immigration consultant; good idea?

Default Using an immigration consultant; good idea?

Hi I'm new here

I wondered if anyone/many had used an immigration consultant to help them get through the migration process. I heard about a company called newlifenewzealand.com but I am not sure whether I should use them or not. I know there are a lot of swindlers and empty promises out there. Is it a good idea to seek professional help or should I just wade through the NZ immigration website and hope I get it all right?

Thanks in advance.

Ross

Hi Ross

Personally I think immigration consultants are a waste of money the cost to emigrate alone is enough.You will find everything you need off this site and the official immigration New Zealand site.If you have the time and patience to do your own research you will definately save yourself some money.It may seem daunting at the beginning,it certainly did to us but you will find that you quickly progress through all the stages involved.
    I wish you the best of luck.

Helen

Same as above; it's not that hard just time consuming but you'd still have to take the time to find all the paperwork for the consultants anyway, so do it yourself.

No agency has any particular pull with NZ immigration. All they do is ask you to supply them with the info needed to fill in the EOI, and to get together the supporting paperwork so they can send it in. If you are up for filling in the form yourself, either on paper or online, and posting in the paperwork, you will admittedly use some extra time, but will save £thousands. With all the membership here, there are likely to be people who have been through any situation you're likely to want to ask questions about. You could always give it a try and see how you get on.

I'd have to agree. There have been a few people on here that have some valid reasons to use one, difficult cases, or not enough time, but in general this forum has most of the experience you will need.

From what friends have told us, you may as well be doing the legwork yourself, even with a consultant. It's still you that has to dig out your certificates, go for medicals, supply the info to go on the forms etc etc after all.

We've done everything ourselves... It's easy just takes time!

Do it yourself, once you get into it it's not that difficult, just a bit daunting at first and very time consuming. Hey hey you're investing time into the rest of your life.

Good luck, the people on here are a font of knowledge

This (and another) forum was our immigration consultant ....... and they don't charge either

Lx

Unless you have some strange case then as others have said you can do it easily yourself. You will also find that NZ immigration is, normally, easy to deal with.

I did it myself so it is simple.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast