Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladies shoes

Default Ladies shoes

Hi I went out today to buy myself some shoes and boots and went into two decent shoe shops in Wellington town to be told that shoes don't come in size 4(37) that all there shoes start from 5 and up what am I to do if this is the case.
    Is there anyone out there had this problem.
    Thanks for any information.

Natasha

remember the sizes are not the same here. I take 5 in English sizes but 7 here so maybe you should look at NZ size 6.

Yeah, 37, defo isn't a 4 here.

Yes Im having similar trouble - when in SA I always wore a size 4 1/2 or 5 - today I bought a size 38 which was told would fit - but they like boats - Im back tomorrow to get my feet measured!!!!

Well if it's any consolation I have the opposite problem. I wear a size 12. I have to shop at specialty shoe shops where most of the shoes look like they're for old women.

I wear a UK 4, and I bought myself a couple of pairs of shoes on my last visit to NZ, so it's not true that they don't exist. I can't remember actually looking at the size label - I just homed in on what looked like my feet, as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by dilanium View Post
    Well if it's any consolation I have the opposite problem. I wear a size 12. I have to shop at specialty shoe shops where most of the shoes look like they're for old women.

I wouldn't like to be in your shoes

Natasha

Found this, though not sure how accurate it is. http://productsfromnz.com/size#women
    Shoes are always tricky IMO. Haven't had to buy shoes here yet but in the US every brand, and often styles within brands, was different in fit for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BkyMonster View Post
    Found this, though not sure how accurate it is. http://productsfromnz.com/size#women
    Shoes are always tricky IMO. Haven't had to buy shoes here yet but in the US every brand, and often styles within brands, was different in fit for me.

Thank you for this, fantastic

Natasha

Quote Originally Posted by BkyMonster View Post
    Hmmmm, not sure that is correct. I was a wearer of 7.5 (either got 7 or 8's normally as half sizes were hard to come by) but find I'm an 11 here in NZ although somewhere between a 10 and 11 would be ideal.

Currently trying to buy shoes of our DD1 = hard, hard work. She came out of school yesterday with her UK Startrites telling me they'd broken - the sole was flapping off. Quick trip to the shops told me that a 12 is too small, but a 13 is way, way too big.........thankfully Mr Minit was able to glue the sole back on overnight. Hopefully this will last until she fits a 13. (Only one shop had a size gauge!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast