Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Providing Immigration Advice – Please Read

Quote Originally Posted by Clanonthemove View Post
    It seems a shame. I feel we prefer advice from people that experienced similar issues to our own. Not to mention that a lot of immigration agents are just so expensive and you can gain knowledge and get free advice from people with no financial interest in it.
    Its a double edged sword i.e. who takes responsibility if something wrong happens through the process if someone was given free advice. Also the issue with public forum is, if there are any investigations then the real culprit might be someone sitting miles away from INZ's hands and purposely misleading people. It opens up can of worms.

Moreover this rule safeguards the applicants more than anyone else (which I see as a benefit).

There is nothing to stop you hearing other people's experiences, and having them point out publicly available sources for regulations or facts that you may have missed, but what the NZ law is saying is that someone unqualified and unlicensed should not be making up your mind for you. The law doesn't stop you from picking the brains of anyone here, but bear in mind that you don't know any of us, to judge how reliable we are, so you need to think over the information you get, and make your own decisions.

Well said JandM......for me i will carry on as normal. I dont advise but do share experiences. What others do is up to them

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345