Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can anyone recommend pet shippers from uk?

Default can anyone recommend pet shippers from uk?

we had a quote from golden arrow last year, but now we have PR and moving is a reality, we want to get a few quotes from pet shippers.

I have tried to search the forum, but i can't get anything other than golden arrow coming up. i have a recollection of someone saying they had used a pet shipper near to heathrow/gatwick that was really good and a tad cheaper than golden arrow.

will probably end up going with golden arrow as it has such good feed back, but want to check others out too.

I think the one near Heathrow is Airpets.

When I moved here I got quotes from Airpets and Golden Arrow to ship my two cats. There wasn't much difference between the quotes as far as I remember, but I chose Golden Arrow solely because of the number of glowing references given to Golden Arrow on this forum.

However, what I didn't know when I booked Golden Arrow was that the cats would be flown from Manchester down to Heathrow, and then onto Auckland. I don't know how standard this is, but I hadn't seen it mentioned on the forum at all, nor was it ever been mentioned to me in all my dealings with Golden Arrow: my understanding had been that they would be driven to Heathrow. I only found out that they had been flown from Manchester when I picked up the cats from Auckland Airport and saw their papers (which had their flight details on them).

I don't think the extra flight caused any problems at all - it's just that had I known about it, it would probably have tipped the scales in favour of Airpets rather than Golden Arrow.

We had a good quote from

http://www.airpets.com/

Good luck with the move

Liz

Cool

I have used Air supply shipping for our dogs transportation to NZ and again from the UK to our current location here in Perth, Australia. On each occasion they have been exceptional and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sounds like you have plenty of good recommendations. But if something doesn't work out, and I'm not sure if they can assist, but we used a NZ company called Krittakrates for shipping and they did a wonderful job. They most likely have a connection they could recommend in the UK.

We also used Qualified Pet Services for boarding and can highly recommend them. They probably know some great folks in the UK as well.

Best of luck!

we used www.petairuk.com they were excellent

we used a company called pinehawk- who were recommended by golden arrow as they were closer to our cats location. we had pals looking after her and i didn't want to ask them to drive her up to golden arrow.

Pinehawk are based near peterborough and drove our cat to heathrow.

At the recent NZ expo in Birmingham there was a company called Jets 4 Pets.

thanks everyone.........as usual lots of information as quick as a flash!

We used animal couriers www.animalcouriers.com - We didn't get a quote from Golden Arrow since they're so far from us, but Airpets were a few hundred pounds more than what we ended up paying. Animal Couriers were
    really great from start to finish, providing friendly, personal service, lots of info on the various tests etc and they provided us with a timetable of exactly what to do when at our vets. In addition they boarded our dog with them at home for a week, rather than in their kennels (which we would have been happy with, but this was much better!) They're off the M25 so handy for Heathrow/Gatwick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast