Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite winter food?

Default What is your favourite winter food?

Ever since the weather turned yucky, I can't get enough of yummy warming home made soups with chunks of home made break for dunking. I must be making soup three or four times a week......good job the rest of the family like it too

What winter comfort food is everyone else eating? And yes I know winter doesn't officially start until 1st June.....but it certain feels like it at the moment

Kumera Soup

Karenx

boerenkool!!!!

Okay, that doesn't mean anything to most of you, but trust me it is yummie

Cauliflower cheese, roast potatoes and roast parsnips, yorkshire pudding, brussels and other greens, veggie gravy and horse radish sauce. Mmmmmmm.

Some kind of slow cooker soup.
    A good combination of things that have been simmering for hours and can easily make a hot snack.
    Right now I have a chicken-cabbage-onion-rice-garlic-other veggies thing going.

Ham and cheese toasties!!!!

Me and the family have gone absolutely bananas for these high calorie comfort yummies!!!

I will just have to keep repeating the old saying:

'A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips'!!!

Veggie soups with protein packed lentils,with home-made warm bread, cheese and pickle made from homegrown ingredients, apple crumble/pie, apple sauce and maple syrup. Yumm........

Quote Originally Posted by Sam B View Post
    Cauliflower cheese, roast potatoes and roast parsnips, yorkshire pudding, brussels and other greens, veggie gravy and horse radish sauce. Mmmmmmm.
    Mmmmm How do you make horse radish sauce?

At the moment we are really loving Pesto Minestrone

Fry a finely chopped onion, leek and a stick of celery together until golden. Add 2 carrots and as many crushed garlic cloves as you like (about 5 for me). Cook for a few minutes and add a chopped sweet potato. After a few mins add 1 and 1/4 litres of hot veg stock and a tin of chopped toms. Season, bring to the boil and let simmer for 10-12 mins. Add 2 chopped courgettes and cook for 5 mins more. Then add 3/4 cup of frozen peas, cover and cook for 5-10 mins then add a tin of beans ( I like borlotti), simmer for a few mins then add 3 tbs of pesto, simmer for 5 mins and remove from heat. Serve with grated parmesan (or whatever) and crusty seed bread.

Yummy, scrummy! My kids are asking for this several times a week at the moment!

Sigh, we didn't get Winter in SolCal this time....but when it DOES cool down, my comfort foods are homemade chicken and tofu soup and pork roast w/winter veg. mmm, I'm hungry now

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast