Thread: Pudding rice?

Default Pudding rice?

Has anyone seen pudding rice to buy, not the stuff in a can but stuff to make yourself that wont take hours to cook?

Sainsburys do/did a great pudding rice that took 5 minutes on the hob, if I can't get it out here then just another thing to add to my brothers growing baggage allowance bless him he was coming out with hand luggage, not any more though

Arborio rice is readily available in NZ and what I make rice pudding from

I just use regular rice to make rice pudding with, works well. Do you mean like an instant rice?

It was just called pudding rice & you just added milk & a little sugar & it was cooked in 5 minutes, it was great

How long do the others take to cook then? Never thought of using anything else, not too much of a Delia myself

If you boil it, and depending on quantities, 20 -30 minutes, if you bake it, an hour or two. Very easy.

arboro (arborio) rice is what we use here too - packet says 15mins to cook (as rice) but I would concur with J&M's timings to make rice pudding

My partner uses arborio or short grain rice for rice pudding and cooks it over the stove.

Takes 20-40 minutes, depending on the consistency you want.

You can either eat it straight from the pot, or put it in an oven proof dish to brown the top in the oven.

Jen