Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Medicals - In-laws Immigrating - Retired

I dont know if they were stamped or not - since they are in UK and me in NZ. There were comments on them, eg. Blood Pressure then a note saying that it is controlled, etc, but next to the note about weight and waist size, it said that he should seek advice about lifestyle change and retest in 3mths. I didnt realise there would be a long wait. Have you been officially told that they wont even get to your application for 2 years? When we applied for my hubby we were told they were running at about 6mths before anyone was hearing - but then got approval in less than a month.

Unhappy

It depends what visa you are applying for. Parent Visa is the one that I and my husband are applying for. Approximately 2 weeks after we had handed our application in to the London branch we got a letter from them saying that it could be up to 2 years before they look at our application and then a further 4 to 6 months before it is processsed.

It also says that from February 2009 the system has changed as to how they process Parent Visas. They are now going to look at them in strict date application order regardless of where you hand it in in the world.

Obviously it may not be 2 years before they open our application but it could be. I know other people who have also got the same letter as us. So it does give you a while to get your health in order and a bit fitter, especially if the doctor that did your medical has commented on this - because I think it will be picked up by the Medical Officer if it is referred by the Visa Officer and why delay the action plan.

If you go in on a spouse visa the application is far quicker I think.

It is a great shame that Parent Visas rules have changed - but on the other hand I suppose it is fairer for everyone who is waiting, around the world. It is just a pity that more Visa Officers cannot look at our applications a bit quicker as everyone is waiting for something to happen and it seems a long way off, especially as we have already been waiting 3 years to hand in our sponsorship forms!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trendynana View Post
    especially as we have already been waiting 3 years to hand in our sponsorship forms!!!
    exactly right!

well they sent off their forms - and got a letter back less than a week later .... the form changed in May! So they quickly completed it and sent it back. Funny thing was NZIS sent them a receipt for the fees with their new form - so they are pretty quick to make sure they take the money even without the appropriate paperwork!

they are hoping to come over for xmas for three months - so at least they have a client number/applicant number and will be able to get their passports back for then.

trendynana - you heard anything? i assume you got a letter of receipt by now!?

Red face

Hi Baboonworld

No we have not heard anything yet - we got a receipt right away as we handed in our application in person to the London branch in March 2009. It was briefly checked over while we sat there and we had colour photocopied our passport pages and we asked if we could have our passports back there and then and after the Visa Officer checked our passports were correct with the photocopy pages - she handed our passports back to us.

Obviously when (notice I am being positive here) we get our residency visas - we will need to send our passports back to London for the visas to be put in the passports.

I do know of a couple that sent in their application for a Parent Visa in August 2008 and they have not heard a peep yet - and that will be a year up next month - they are the furthest back couple that I have heard of - unless there is someone else out there that is still waiting for their Parent Visa that can beat August 2008?

We may visit our children in the New Year if we have heard nothing ourselves - as we have not seen our new grandson yet.

Keep in touch.

my inlaws came over in March (we went to UK for 3wks and they travelle back with us) and they met our youngest (now 1) daughter then - so can completely sympathise.

mose can apply for a visa without having to wait 3 yrs first so it is sad that parents have to wait 3yrs then wait another 2.

sounds like u have done everything you can to get ready for this - so i wish you so much luck in getting your blue stickers! keep me posted!

they have received their letter to say they are in the queue, another 23 mths 1 wk and it should all be over - assuming all other paperwork/medicals are okay.

Parents have been declined at the first medical Assessors statement - have to prepare to battle now....

Good luck JanetVin - I hope everything goes thru eventually - it might be a hard battle but definately one worth fighting!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123