Thread: Anyone renewed a UK Passport recently?

Default Anyone renewed a UK Passport recently?

My daughter's UK passport is due to expire, and although I have downloaded all the relevant renewal forms and notes from the HC website in Wellington I am still confused as to what happens to her 'blue stickers' ie: her Residence Permit and RRV?

I gathered that the passport renewal charge is $341.80 but can't see if there are extra charges involved for adding the permit and visa?

Anyone done this recently?

Quote Originally Posted by LesleyS View Post
    My daughter's UK passport is due to expire, and although I have downloaded all the relevant renewal forms and notes from the HC website in Wellington I am still confused as to what happens to her 'blue stickers' ie: her Residence Permit and RRV?

I gathered that the passport renewal charge is $341.80 but can't see if there are extra charges involved for adding the permit and visa?

Anyone done this recently?
    I think that this is because you need to get NZIS to transfer the visa/permit.

From immigration website:-
    When should I apply for the transfer of visa?
    If your passport has a valid New Zealand visa and has expired, you must apply for your visa to be transferred from your old passport to your new passport. Please submit your old and new passport along with the current processing fee.
    Ian

hi i have just renewed my 2 wee boys uk passport it comes back with all relevant stickers, there wasn't any extra charges, hope this is of help, maria

Quote Originally Posted by martin&maria View Post
    hi i have just renewed my 2 wee boys uk passport it comes back with all relevant stickers, there wasn't any extra charges, hope this is of help, maria
    How was this possible - the UK high commission who issue passports in NZ aren't able to put new stickers into the passport?
    I asked this question of them, as my UK passport is full - but not yet due to expire, and the cost of a new UK passport and the cost for getting my visa and permit transferred was extorionate! I think NZIS quoted me a charge $100 for a visa/permit transfer.
    I got a new NZ passport instead, even though it only lasts for 5 years as opposed to 10 for a UK one.

Quote Originally Posted by KerryS View Post
    I think NZIS quoted me a charge $100 for a visa/permit transfer.
    Form to use is Form 1023

Current cost to transfer visa in NZ is $80

Tip: If you have to do more than one transfer then take them into a branch to all be done at once, you should only get charged the one fee if you do this (or at least this is what we were told by NZIS).

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanW99 View Post
    Tip: If you have to do more than one transfer then take them into a branch to all be done at once, you should only get charged the one fee if you do this (or at least this is what we were told by NZIS).

Ian
    Yup, we had RRVs transfered to our new passports at NZIS in Palmy North, and it was one $80 fee to do both of them.

Nick.

Us too. Went to Welly took a ticket & waited & paid the one fee for two of us. This was done last month.

Where is the NZIS in Hamilton? ANyone know?

Answered my own question; it's on corner of Victoria and Alma st. Only open 9 to 3pm so a bit tricky to get there in the week!

I thought this link may be useful for anyone renewing their UK passports

http://www.nzpost.co.nz/Cultures/en-...UKPassport.htm