Thread: UK Citizen - Australian Police Record Check

Default UK Citizen - Australian Police Record Check

Hi,

We are just starting out on the ITA and are going to need to get police check from Australia as we lived out there for a couple of years. Has anyone done this and could they tell us what was involved.

I guess we will need to get the check done for the UK as well.

Any advice or details about fees etc would be great.

Thanks

Mike + Lynne

Quote Originally Posted by zeelandoor View Post
    Hi,

We are just starting out on the ITA and are going to need to get police check from Australia as we lived out there for a couple of years. Has anyone done this and could they tell us what was involved.

I guess we will need to get the check done for the UK as well.

Any advice or details about fees etc would be great.

Thanks

Mike + Lynne
    Information on getting a police certificate for Australia and UK

Ian

Myself and my OH both had to get police checks done for Oz, we were living in NZ at the time so had to go to Auckland central police station and get our fingerprints done, then send these off with the completed form and a bank draft in AUD. Then a while later (can't remember how long exactly, but I know it took longer to get back than the UK one!) got the certificates and sent them off with the application. The hardest part was actually getting an appointmet for the fingerprints!

hello! Does the need for this ever run out? If not, I might have to account for this too - we lived in Sydney for 3 years, 2001-2004..

*clicky link*

Oh, yes, I will need to do this. Thank you!
    Last edited by sophiedb; 17th June 2009 at 12:50 AM. Reason: followed the link to an answer!

Quote Originally Posted by sophiedb View Post
    hello! Does the need for this ever run out? If not, I might have to account for this too - we lived in Sydney for 3 years, 2001-2004..
    Yep - Any period of 12 months or more in the last ten years.