Thread: EOI-VISITOR-ITA...please help!!

Default EOI-VISITOR-ITA...please help!!

Hi,

i was wondering if its possible to apply for a visitor permit/visa between the time when your EOI is selected and you submit your ITA

just to be sure if I would like to settle there and do a recce and maybe submit the ITA in NZ while on visitor visa instead of India

i mean has anyone done this before??

any advise would be highly appreciated

I asked that and was told it was very common. Clearly, if it's importnat to you then check with NZIS yourself. I'm not sure if it's that easy to change where you submit the ITA to, and of course on a visitor visa then you are restricted in terms of working, but I was told it was fine to get a Working Visa for the interim.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan74 View Post
    I asked that and was told it was very common. Clearly, if it's importnat to you then check with NZIS yourself. I'm not sure if it's that easy to change where you submit the ITA to, and of course on a visitor visa then you are restricted in terms of working, but I was told it was fine to get a Working Visa for the interim.

thanks Duncan!!
    I guess I will ask NZIS also about this as I wanna be sure and doesnt wanna mess up my case

What i had in mind was that to take all my documents to NZ and submit ITA in NZ and not change my application from India to NZ

cheers!!

P.S- just checked on the INZ website, its possible to apply for residence while on visitor permit in NZ but the visiotr permit will not be converted to work permit...MAYBE extended!!

It is perfectly ok to apply for visitor visa while ITA is issued and someone is in the process of submitting it. Some people go for a recce and get a job offer which kicks process fast.

For visit visa you will have to fullfil requirements of visitor visa which you can find from the nearest embassy/high commission. I personally do not see any problem with your visitor visa as long as you satisfy visa officer you have sufficient funds and what your intention is. It will be good idea to contact with few recruitment agencies and make appointment with them. This will help visa officer to make his mind positively.

Hope my thoughts help a little bit.