Thread: Shipping from UK - should I use Anglo Pacific?

Question Shipping from UK - should I use Anglo Pacific?

Hello all,

Have done a search on past posts but would really appreciate feedback from anyone who has used Anglo Pacific to ship stuff to NZ from UK in recent-ish history as to whether they were good? Not sure if I should be looking round at other companies so if anyone had any really good service would also appreciate knowing.....

We will just have a large suitcase, a bicycle and maybe 4 tea chest boxes to ship.

Cheers for any help you can give - trying to forward plan at least a little!

hi
    we had them quote us (but we also got quotes from Pickfords, crown and PSS).
    we have just about decided to go with Pickfords because their quote came in cheaper and they were really friendly and good so far plus they're pickfords all the way to NZ as they have their own branch in NZ.
    but other than that, do a search for past posts because there have been some posts about shipping stuff before so you might find some goods or bads for anglo.

We had 4 quotes and went with John Mason, they were absolutely fine for us, other than the fact that our stuff took a while to get shipped while they waited for enough stock to make it worthwhile shipping.

We went with anglo pacific, if you can wait about 1-2 weeks I'll be able to give you a full review as our container arrived in port on Sunday. Everything so far has been good though.

Default Cheers for the ideas!

Thanks all, I will have a look at a few others I think but would really appreaciate your kind offer Ricky1981 if you have time to do a quick post after all the unpacking!

Not flying out till Nov so have enough time....(too much time really as I wanna go now )

We got quotes from the usual suspects (anglo-pacific, pickfords, crown etc) and went with pickfords as not only did they come in far cheaper, they seemed more knowledgeable about the whole process than the others. Plus being the same company at both ends of the journey appealed to me.

They packed our house up on the last week in April and we have just heard that our container is scheduled to arrive end of June, delivery to house July 2nd - door to door in 8 weeks more or less. (Pity the rental isn't going to start till July 11th, we didn't think they'd be that fast!)

They packed up the whole house and for their politeness and efficiency and apparent skill they get 10/10. The only thing I didn't like was them smoking in the lorry before they stored all our boxes in there for transport to the container.

Will let you know if I still recommend them in a few weeks when they deliver it, unpack it and I count the breakages...

No - stay clear! We used Anglo Pacific, they were hopeless. They turned up a day late to pack, left loads of stuff behind, then they took our stuff to storage and 6 weeks later informed us we had too much stuff for a 20ft container (after they said it was in a container ready to go on packing day) and that they had loads of stuff left and they wouldn't send it unless we paid them £500 more!!

At this end we then had to wait about 2 months for the remainder stuff, all in all, useless! they were also very rude about there poor service and basically took advantage of the fact we were stuck over here without our stuff.

Friends over here used Pickfords and John Masons and said they were very good.

Good Luck!!
    The Gradys
    Arrived 10 Jan 09