Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.5 sq meters worth of cargo - how much

Default 2.5 sq meters worth of cargo - how much

I've quoted about £900 for the transporttion of 2.5 sq meters worth of cargo from UK to NZ. Is this about right? I thought it cost about 3000 to hire a container so £900 seems a lot for a small spot? any advice welcome

Does seem quite a lot, I paid £1600 or so for my 9 cubic meters. I guess a large part comes from the paperwork, transport from home to port and from port to home. That doesn't change that much with the volume. Worth trying a few more companies so you can compare

Quote Originally Posted by TonnyTessa View Post
    Does seem quite a lot, I paid £1600 or so for my 9 cubic meters. I guess a large part comes from the paperwork, transport from home to port and from port to home. That doesn't change that much with the volume. Worth trying a few more companies so you can compare
    Thanks TonnyTessa, yeah I thought it was a bit high..i'll keep shopping around. Thanks for replying

Quote Originally Posted by markkh View Post
    I've quoted about £900 for the transporttion of 2.5 sq meters worth of cargo from UK to NZ. Is this about right? I thought it cost about 3000 to hire a container so £900 seems a lot for a small spot? any advice welcome
    We paid for half a container (500 cubic sq) for £2550, so in comparison, that seems quite steep but you might be paying more because it's such a small amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Twig View Post
    We paid for half a container (500 cubic sq) for £2550, so in comparison, that seems quite steep but you might be paying more because it's such a small amount.
    thanks Twig, I've got onto them now. Hopefully they'll come back with something a bit better. cheers, Mark

have you tried PSS?
    they gave us a very good quote indeed.

Our 20 foot container will be 3600 pounds if that helps

Take my advice, don't ship stuff over. Keep it to an absolute minimum. People always tell me that they regretted it.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by 92Immigrant View Post
    Take my advice, don't ship stuff over. Keep it to an absolute minimum. People always tell me that they regretted it.

Dave.
    So did you ship all your stuff over and regretted it?

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by 92Immigrant View Post
    People always tell me that they regretted it.

Dave.
    There's plenty on the forum who would agree with you there, but also the same number who would disagree, me included I have found it quite comforting having some familiar things around me and it's also settling for my children too, plus a lot of our white goods and sofa's were virtually new (it was a sudden decision to move to NZ otherwise we wouldn't have bought them in the first place).

We paid around £4K for a 40 ft container. Hope you get a better price through as that sounds a bit steep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast