Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Brunai Cheap flights?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Royal Brunai Cheap flights?

Hello all
    Anyone used Royal Brunai for flights?

Seem to have missed out on Singapore cheap flights and these RB are advertising around £490 for flights from London to Auckland

Ta

We flew with them 2 yrs ago, none of the inflight entertainment worked, didn't enjoy that for 26hrs, knackered old planes. Best thing was the price, I wouldnt use again

Flew with them from Singapore to Sydney once, wouldn't fly with them again. Decent service and all that, but the airport at Brunei was rather bad and well not the best in flight entertainment either.

FYI, from what I know. If you're flying London to Auckland, you'll be going London-Dubai-Brunei-Sydney (or Brisbane)-Auckland.

Spend a few quid more, but fly better!

I believe there have been other threads on Royal Brunei so may be worth a search. I flew from London to Dubai with them. I wouldn't use them again - service was OK but huge delay on return journey and I understand this can be quite common with them. Entertainment wasn't great, they are a 'dry' airline so no booze, not that it bothered us as we don't drink on flights. As others have said it is worth paying a little bit more if you can. IMHO.

Thanks
    am now looking at Air NZ via LA
    yes, I know about the possible traumas at LA but I need the extra baggage allowance

Quote Originally Posted by tea drinker View Post
    Thanks
    am now looking at Air NZ via LA
    yes, I know about the possible traumas at LA but I need the extra baggage allowance
    its not that bad tbh, just a bit of a waste of time. nice to stretch the old legs mind

Quote Originally Posted by victoria24 View Post
    its not that bad tbh, just a bit of a waste of time. nice to stretch the old legs mind
    It can be very bad (don't get me started on LAX) and I'll never fly via LAX again unless I have to. Am I right in thinking that the double baggage allowance is via the states generally rather than via LAX specifically? We're planning to go via San Franscisco. Hopefully we will get the double baggage allowance, plus I want to visit SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqi B View Post
    It can be very bad (don't get me started on LAX) and I'll never fly via LAX again unless I have to. Am I right in thinking that the double baggage allowance is via the states generally rather than via LAX specifically? We're planning to go via San Franscisco. Hopefully we will get the double baggage allowance, plus I want to visit SF.
    I believe that's so.

I had a bad experience with LAX, too, even worse because looking after my elderly Mum at the time. If you go via Hong Kong with AirNZ, your bags also stay on the plance. As far as I can see, the only advantage of going via LA is the extra baggage allowance, and HK is SO much more civilized.

have a look here...

http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....ghlight=brunei

As you will see we flew with them last year, no big compliants, apart from them moving our flight times to have us stuck in Brunei for 10 hrs... but they did give us a nice hotel to hang out in.

Mr V - are you suggesting my legs are old? (just the legs mind you )
    Think I've decided on Air NZ via LA and have ben trying to decided on a date. I've worked it out to within a few days.
    Just need to actually click on it now.
    Having a cup of tea first.

I'm going in on a 6 month tourist visa so is it as simple as clicking on a date, counting on 6 months and clicking on the corresponding date or do I have to count days?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast